Help Identify a couple of sneaky pete cues

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Picked up a couple of sneaky pete cues can anyone help me identify them?

7C71553E-3C59-47E2-89BA-33A78692997A.jpeg

111A4FB0-1A16-4012-86F2-91FE03BC5564.jpeg

91469E60-883D-42AD-BA7B-E65D039AD4B2.jpeg

eddieindetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picked up a couple of sneaky pete cues...
Paul Huebler used the 5/18 18tpi. pin in his two piece cues.
I have seen Huebler use stainless steel pins on most cues, but I have seen a few brass/bronze alloy looking pins too. Especially on 1 of 1 Huebler cues.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
The cue on the right is 99.9% Paul Huebler. The brown bumper and nylon shaft insert combination give it away.
Huebler had access to some nice Maple for sure.
Paul Huebler used the 5/18 18tpi. pin in his two piece cues.
I have seen Huebler use stainless steel pins on most cues, but I have seen a few brass/bronze alloy looking pins too. Especially on 1 of 1 Huebler cues.

Thanks, It was difficult to find another example of a Huebler sneaky with the micarta joint ring on the forearm. I guess the part of the butt that broke off had the logo on it.

Not sure of its value, but I think a Huebler is worth restoring and repairing the butt.

The other is purple heart so that intrigues me. I just don't know its worth.

I need to get some tips on them and see how they feel.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanks, It was difficult to find another example of a Huebler sneaky with the micarta joint ring on the forearm. I guess the part of the butt that broke off had the logo on it.

Not sure of its value, but I think a Huebler is worth restoring and repairing the butt.

The other is purple heart so that intrigues me. I just don't know its worth.

I need to get some tips on them and see how they feel.
If the Heubler is straight it’s worth restoring.
….purple heart…Dufferin (when it was in Canada) used a fair amount of that wood even in their house cues.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
If the Heubler is straight it’s worth restoring.
….purple heart…Dufferin (when it was in Canada) used a fair amount of that wood even in their house cues.
Usually Durferin has that maple button and I don’t remember seeing back veneers on any of them either.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Usually Durferin has that maple button and I don’t remember seeing back veneers on any of them either.

I ended up trading a couple of tip repairs for both of the cues, so they are mine to have some fun with.

The shafts had a very slight taper roll, so I straightened them out and they are hanging in the closet.

I will be repairing the butt on the Huebler. I just have to decide what type of wood and the design. I will also add a brown linen butt cap.

Still don't know what the purpleheart cue is. Probably wait to play with it before I decide how extensive I want to get with it.

Repair Updates here:

Last edited: