Pool Ball Collecting.

mrpiper

Registered
It’s kinda gone beyond surreal.

The pool balls that have come my way these past few months are not ordinary sets…

Romanique I
Romanique II
Hyatt Lettered
Aramith Striped Pokers
Scanospheric Pokers
Aramith Pro Ex
Aramith Hybrids

I’m struggling to comprehend how such a baffling coincidence can happen. I have spent decades looking for each of those sets… I thought most of them would never be found to be perfectly honest.

And then all of them turn up together at once! It’s simply unfathomable. I’m completely perplexed and shocked how it’s happened.
Now that you are done... please teach the rest of us where you regularly search! :)

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I probably search in all the same places as everyone else, Mr P.

My edge, perhaps, might be that I’m more obsessive about those searches than most, devoting time that many cannot afford. I’m also quite fearless about hitting the buy button before asking any questions, which is obviously rather foolish but seems to work in my favour.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you find most of them on eBay? Or more because people know you and then offer them? Yard sales?

(As you know, I don't collect pool balls - only golf balls. But I find many at my favorite golf courses - not the fru fru Country Club ones, more like the ones where not so wealthy people play with older balls.)

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good afternoon, Meucci. 🙂

I hope you are well, dear fellow.

I would say yes, sir, I have found most of my sets on eBay… perhaps sixty or so percent.

And then there are collector fora like here on AZB or Facebook. I have been blessed to acquire many beautiful pool balls from friends met online… those Romaniques and Pokers being the latest recent examples.

Most of my entire collection has probably been sourced via those two methods, above, but I have also acquired many great sets because strangers have seen my provenance cards on Google and then contacted me to enquire if I’d be interested in buying heirlooms… truly an unexpected and serendipitous consequence of something I really only undertook for my own historical records.

Take care, old chap. 🙂

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
These are the sort of provenance cards that seem to have a presence on Google searches.

I compiled this one with Meucci Player in mind… he’s a mushroom hunter. 🙂

full

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hirsty…

Welcome to the thread, sir!

I believe my friend, forum member bfriesth, would be very interested in a set, dear chap.

Please reserve one for a day if possible.

Flakeandrun

I just picked up this 9-ball that I really liked (although I am not serious about collecting balls tbh, I was going to put it in a little display in my home)

IMG_9896.jpg

My friend showed me some interesting Japanese balls that he has the other day. They are pretty far out. Never seen him use them. They are in his locker with about 4 or 5 other sets in the pool hall.

IMG_9897.jpg

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Sincere thanks for sharing, Flakeandrun!

Congratulations on your purchase, sir!

That Neo 9 Japanese set of your buddy’s is very desirable, dear chap. If he ever wishes to sell in the future, you know where to point him!

And I’d sure love to see a few pictures of his other sets in the locker if possible, please?

Best wishes.

RC.

Flakeandrun

Sincere thanks for sharing, Flakeandrun!

Congratulations on your purchase, sir!

That Neo 9 Japanese set of your buddy’s is very desirable, dear chap. If he ever wishes to sell in the future, you know where to point him!

And I’d sure love to see a few pictures of his other sets in the locker if possible, please?

Best wishes.

RC.
I have a soft spot for leopard print, so had to snag it as soon as I saw it!

Next time I am playing in HongKou area I will take a picture for you. Some of them are Chinese branded balls he bought for fun, some of them are sets he has purchased in Japan.

I only took the picture of the Neo9 balls because I'd never seen any like it before. I think he seldom uses them.