What tip you do you play with?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
nice ill try that this time
He only takes a layer or 2 off, I also break with my playing cue, the tip never mushrooms, and I bounce my cue on the floor tip down when I'm waiting to get back to the table. I know it sounds weird but I think it helps to compress the tip much faster. If people don't think my elevator doesn't go to the top floor I'm ok with that, it probably doesn't. :)

sbrownn

Registered
Speaking of break tips, I saw in another thread here that there are two types of Kamui SAI break (control and hard). I have yet to find any Kamui hard break tip listed for sale after searching, so it looks like the Kamui control break is the only SAI tip they make. Does anyone know the hardness measurement for this tip?

Flakeandrun

Century G3. Have a Mike Wooldridge SuperTip ready to go once the G3 gives out.
You're in for a treat.

Been out of the loop with tips except playing with Moori. I know he no longer makes his tips and haven't for some time now but this is what I play with. I may be due for a new tip.

What do you play with and how does it play? What are some of the best out there?
"Personally, I don't like Zan tips at all. When I was going through Mezz shafts, prior to buying my Vigus, I ended up removing them every time (Hybrid pro, Hybrid pro 2, Expro... tried just about every Mezz shaft). In fact, the ILC shaft I now use on my Mezz for Chinese-8 has a Searing tip, and I hate to say it with the bad press aimed that way (and for good reason from my readings here), it does play really well.
My other Mezz shafts I switched out for Longoni Fuji tips which I was gifted. They play lovely, but are also overpriced... I only have the ExPro shaft now, and it's a backup to the Vigus which is my 'forever' cue.
The Musashi Shaft I use on my Vigus right now came with a Moori Medium which, to its credit and my surprise, has played fantastic from the first hit.
I like Mike Wooldridge tips, and will go back to them when change is needed.
I heard good things about Thoroughbred tips from someone on the forum, but when I tried to add their rep on WeChat, he never accepted it...."

Posted this in a similar thread previously...

Have since put MW Supertips on all of my shafts. Don't regret it one bit. Now every cue I own is wearing the same hat (albeit Hards on the snooker cue and mediums on pool shafts)

Flakeandrun

Just use duds baby!!👍🏻
My father is very much an advocate for this. Has boxes and boxes of ones he's made back home. I was going to make some here, but I heard the Elkmaster here were unreliable/fake from a couple of my friends playing high level snooker. Which is why I ended up trying MW super tips in the first place.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pressed Triangle or Outsville / KiTech Techno Dud Hard (which is a modified Triangle). Triangles have been my go to and for decades.

But I do have a couple shafts that I use that one came with a Kamui Clear M and another I put a Precision M on to try out. Really don’t have a good reason to change them. They don’t suck, and they aren’t bothersome. But nothing about them performs any better than a Triangle. They’re leather tips with certain non-annoying medium hard hit, they hold shape and hold chalk. Not much more I want out of a tip.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Honestly I'd put a pooldawg8 milk dud against any tip. I've tried dozens of layered and self made duds and his hits just perfect. Holds chalk well and does not mushroom. Also IIRC they are $3 each. Don't let the price fool you, they are as good or better than a $30 tip. I feel they are probably a medium hard to hard but man do they have a good feel to them.

I know it's not entirely common but you don't have to worry about delamination or glue lines like with a layered tip.

EDIT: of the layered tips I've used I like ZAN brand the best.

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well... majority of the Cues i own (several) I put Triangles on. Solid great tip period.

Have a couple of shafts with Kamui Clears,
Couple regular Kamui's, 1 Pred Victory, a Moori, several have various Ultraskins & I put 1 Elk Master on recently just to try something different!

Have 2 other shafts pending a Sniper & an Athlete to be installed soon.

IMO I have liked the Kamui's, Moori & I'm (undecided on the Ultraskins haven't played through a full tip yet all still new.)

Not a big fan of the Victory so far.

Keep ya posted on the rest!