What tip you do you play with?

shooter_Hans

Been out of the loop with tips except playing with Moori. I know he no longer makes his tips and haven't for some time now but this is what I play with. I may be due for a new tip.

What do you play with and how does it play? What are some of the best out there?

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I play with ZAN Hybrid Max. IMHO, which I like, it is a plays like little harder tip, but doesn't feel hard and has really good control.

sbrownn

Registered
G2 soft (maybe medium some times), mushrooms very little with great feel and holds chalk very well, USA is fine, Japan is twice as much - $10 each for USA.

Samsara break tip - $11 each if you buy 5 of them.

Shipping is a little bit more than expected for both options above given something so small and light being shipped, must be all that handling. Group buy with friends time, ha...

Last edited:

TrxR

I've been using a Kamui Black clear but mainly because it came on the shaft. Would probably try a Taom next or a How.

SSP

I have been trying different tips for the last year, too many to count, really liked the Kamui Athlete tip, wanted to try one more tip before I committed to the Kamui as my go to tip, the TAOM Fusion tip is a hybrid tip like the Kamui Athlete, I figured they would play similar but I was completely wrong, the TAOM Fusion is a much harder tip, I ALMOST gave up on it but it is now my go to tip, being a harder tip it holds great shape and chalk as well, I do use their chalk, 1 piece for over a year and still going and I practice daily, one side note, I used non layered tips for a long time, I used a Tip pick to rough up the tip, I would not use that tool on a layered tip, the shapers like the Tiger Tip tool, and Kamui gator grip tool work much better on layered tips, even the knock offs work really well IMHO and help make the layered tips last longer.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Triangle period and consider layered tips a gimmick that will eventually leave flyspeck of glue on the cueball. I have yet to see a layered tip that doesn't.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
G2 soft (maybe medium some times), mushrooms very little with great feel and holds chalk very well, USA is fine, Japan is twice as much - $10 each for USA.

Shipping is a little bit more than expected for both options above given something so small and light being shipped, must be all that handling. Group buy with friends time, ha...
I bought a hard g2 for 3c billiards and am quite happy with it.

Would buy again.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I bought a hard g2 for 3c billiards and am quite happy with it.

Would buy again.
i believe sbrown uses g2USA which is not the same a g2 from japan
i play with a g2 from japan for years with no problems

shooter_Hans

I have been trying different tips for the last year, too many to count, really liked the Kamui Athlete tip, wanted to try one more tip before I committed to the Kamui as my go to tip, the TAOM Fusion tip is a hybrid tip like the Kamui Athlete, I figured they would play similar but I was completely wrong, the TAOM Fusion is a much harder tip, I ALMOST gave up on it but it is now my go to tip, being a harder tip it holds great shape and chalk as well, I do use their chalk, 1 piece for over a year and still going and I practice daily, one side note, I used non layered tips for a long time, I used a Tip pick to rough up the tip, I would not use that tool on a layered tip, the shapers like the Tiger Tip tool, and Kamui gator grip tool work much better on layered tips, even the knock offs work really well IMHO and help make the layered tips last longer.
Thank you.