Recent content by Baby Huey

  1. B

    Junior Pool Is a Complicated World

    More than a hundred and twenty five years ago a guy named Willie Hoppe traveled the country with his parents playing pool pardon me, Billiards, hustling for money to help to help his family out financially. Was that being a purist? Trying to win money? Also more than a hundred years ago an...
  2. B

    Intentional Fouls - Illegal, Good Strategy, or Poor Sportsmanship?

    Eight ball has more rules than six decks of playing cards in Black Jack.
  3. B

    The new U S. pro pool tour

    I’ll bet no one knows the first live stream event where a man played a challenge match against a women? Hint hint it wasn’t a pool match but the man was a reputed pool, tennis and golf hustler.
  4. B

    The new U S. pro pool tour

    I think ESPN which now has committed to showing some pool would be well served in producing a Round Robin 8 or 9 international tournament with the top ranked players. The prize pool could be significant in Pool Terms say $250 K that would get the players interest. Say 10K for participating and...
  5. B

    The new U S. pro pool tour

    It's hard to compare Euro/Asian and Middle Eastern programs with the USA. We just don't sponsor non mainstream amateur sports. In the past it was Brunswick that had the pool/snooker/carom world and players in its pocket. Well its just different now. I just feel like the APA could get involved...
  6. B

    Dealings with Joe Salazar Connoisseur of Cues

    There may be more than 100 plaintiffs potentially here. Someone here with a good attorney could file a class action lawsuit and get the attention of the local DA........maybe. She will have to be forced into court or else if she waits long enough; then maybe everyone will just go away.
  7. B

    The new U S. pro pool tour

    Actually I think APA is sitting in the Cat Birds seat. It has the largest membership of all the pool organizations active. For some reason they keep their amateur status and don't raise the prize pool?? They hold at least two LV stops yearly for about 10 days with 7K players attending for a very...
  8. B

    Dealings with Joe Salazar Connoisseur of Cues

    I would get someone from our “community” in good stead and with a thick skin to oversee the process. Joe’s wife probably should just step back and perhaps put out an agreement every interested party can chime in with their desires. But, this person needs to be compensated period. If it does in...
  9. B

    Dealings with Joe Salazar Connoisseur of Cues

    Many an estate did not have records which would have cleared up financial situations. Siblings often face the same struggles with their parents estate. Who gets what and mom and dad intended me to get the “China.” Ok now what? Joe was a good guy but he didn’t hand out receipts/documentation etc...
  10. B

    Big Ko on Waxed Balls

    No waxing of pool balls. Use alcohol to clean them period the end. The waxed on the balls balls will penetrate the cloth and those 14.1 players who need waxed balls for high runs—stop.
  11. B

    Players refusing to lag the ball.

    Just go into the ball return box, grab a ball and put it behind your back and say "Odd or Even?"
  12. B

    Players refusing to lag the ball.

    Personally for me, I will let my opponent break first in matches of at least races to three or more. I’d prefer to play a defensive shot first because if I execute it well, it’ll send a message right away I can play some. But it does backfire and the egg I laid was a loser. But seriously I don’t...
  13. B

    Larry Lisciotti

    I ran into Larry in my home room in LA circa 1969. We played nine ball for $5/game. I won two in a row and he quit me. Smart move why play me and beat me when took the small loss for something better down the road. That came the next day to a guy less skilled than me and Larry stalked his way to...
  14. B

    House Cue Tip Replacement

    Thx Billy Big Foot.
  15. B

    House Cue Tip Replacement

    All of a sudden the tips are coming off my house cues. I’ve tried everything inc glues, different tips { Le Pro, Water Buffalo, Triangle’s etc) to no avail. I machine the face at 90 degrees tried pitting the face of both tips and ferrules and cutting the profile down so that the customers don’t...
Back
Top