Recent content by BasementDweller

  1. B

    The very first glimpse of AI run-out intelligence

    Maybe so. I've never even been in the Ludite camp up until like yesterday. I've embraced the technological changes along the way. But change was moving along more of a linear path, or at worst a more manageable exponential one. AI is not that. Things are going to change very fast, and it's going...
  2. B

    The very first glimpse of AI run-out intelligence

    Who's gate keeping the entire pool world? I'm just sharing my thoughts on a pool forum. Wait, you hurt my feelings with your mean-spirited response. Now what should we do? Do we need to attend a social skills conference together? You don't have 2 accounts by chance do you?
  3. B

    The very first glimpse of AI run-out intelligence

    Really? Do you think it's just old dudes that aren't exactly thrilled where WE are heading with AI this and AI that? It's most certainly not. Most high school and college kids are very anxious about where we are going. "The future of pool looks fantastic." Why? Because of AI and the...
  4. B

    I Like the WNT But....

    An interesting takeaway from this thread is how many like the Predator events. I've softened on my hatred of the spot shots after speaking with several who have enjoyed the excitement of watching them live. I do really wish they could figure out a compromise between the template rack and the...
  5. B

    I Like the WNT But....

    An old novelty I noticed about forums is -- someone always comes along to complain about the complainers.
  6. B

    I Like the WNT But....

    You can't compare the variety found in all those other sports mentioned to pool. It's the viewing experience. When you produce an event now, it is not just competing against other live events, but against all other events ever produced and made accessible for viewing! The events need to stand...
  7. B

    I Like the WNT But....

    Predator really does bring a very high level of production quality. If Matchroom hadn't come along at the exact same time, Predator may have built the exact tour I'm envisioning.
  8. B

    I Like the WNT But....

    That's sort of what I'm getting at. It's not that they aren't trying to add diversity. They do the World Cup of Pool, the two team events, and the Premier League thing. I just hope they keep working at it.
  9. B

    I Like the WNT But....

    Of course you're right. I'm totally fine as a fan. It's this diversity that is competing with the WNT. Maybe they could have casted a wider net.
  10. B

    I Like the WNT But....

    This is the model. As a cue sport fan, I have the same problem with snooker. There's WAY more variety in other sports. Tennis plays on different surfaces, golf on different courses, and team sports play at unique venues and rotate between teams. Correct with that name. I like the PBT model...
  11. B

    I Like the WNT But....

    I like what Matchroom has done with 9 ball. Their production is really good and the tournaments are enjoyable, but I'm afraid the WNT is going to peter out. Ultimately, I think they made a mistake going all-in on one game. I'm a fan, but I'm finding their tournaments are all having the same...
  12. B

    The new U S. pro pool tour

    Just to add... When pro pool gets "bigger" it's often just in the production. It looks more professional, but the financials for the players doesn't really change much.
  13. B

    The new U S. pro pool tour

    The U.S. has a sweet spot, that I think we are in right now. It won't benefit the up and coming U.S. players if the "pro" game gets any bigger here. Sounds crazy, but I'm right. Our game has to be in this middle ground where it doesn't draw in all the international talent. This gives our...
  14. B

    My Wife Just Doesn’t Understand

    Think it was " Do you want to finally go to Derby City this year?" and "Should you buy a new cue or a new guitar?" Actually don't think she ever asked.
Back
Top