Recent content by Chopdoc

  1. Chopdoc

    Pool Cue Thread Art

    I have been looking at certain kinds of wraps for cue restorations. It is variegated, or segment dyed. I can't find such materials. This thread topic made me think to ask here. Maybe the fly tying guys know something. Over the years there have been several materials used to produce a...
  2. Chopdoc

    Pool Cue Thread Art

    I want an STL 4 by the way. For this collection. I have two more since I took this picture.
  3. Chopdoc

    Some AI levity...................

  4. Chopdoc

    Some AI levity...................

    GPS? The Crazy Redhead confuses right and left. She'll say "turn right" and point left. I can't tell you how many times I have slammed on the brakes mid-turn when she yells "no! the other way!". I don't trust AI or GPS...or The Crazy Redhead. Using AI and trusting it are two entirely...
  5. Chopdoc

    Some AI levity...................

    By the way, if you didn't use incognito mode, and you used an AI that is "personalized" (you may not even know), or if you have it installed as an app, and had researched any cue signatures, that would be why it made that comment. It is anticipating what you want to know. Unless I want it to...
  6. Chopdoc

    Some AI levity...................

    How is this?
  7. Chopdoc

    Some AI levity...................

    Hmmmm...that gives me an idea... :unsure: ;) Me? Sign a cue? :rolleyes: Only if you want to destroy the value I guess.
  8. Chopdoc

    Some AI levity...................

    So...did you tell it about the error? What AI did you use? What did you ask it? I just tried Gemini, with no preliminary prompts (it does not know who I am). It did not give an erroneous picture. I also tried a version of Claude not publicly available. Again, no initial prompts. No ID...
  9. Chopdoc

    Some AI levity...................

    It is "up to speed" if you tell it to be. It all depends on the prompts.
  10. Chopdoc

    Meucci logo

    Yes, but the B and C are small, we had a poster here years ago that said it was just an "M" and it turned out it was a BMC. They just didn't notice the B and C believe it or not. Just a guess based on a past case.
  11. Chopdoc

    Meucci logo

    I would guess it's a BMC cue. Big "M" in the middle with a smaller B and C on each side. BMC Cues (Bob Meucci Customs) represent the high-end, custom division of Meucci Cues.
  12. Chopdoc

    Cue ID help please

    In light of this recent thread I thought this was funny. For those using AI to try to identify cues it provides a good lesson. As an AI researcher I find AI most often abused or misused. Like anything, you should know how to use it. The seller used AI to identify the cue. Currently listed...
  13. Chopdoc

    Another Cue ID Thread....

    Can we see the pin? And the bumper end? Maybe what's under the bumper?
  14. Chopdoc

    Anyone Familiar With Cue Maker Dave Wilmoth?

    I got a J&J sneaky about 26 years ago. Still have it. Good cue.
  15. Chopdoc

    Anyone Familiar With Cue Maker Dave Wilmoth?

    A surge of listings for "Custom Wilmoth Cues" has appeared across platforms like eBay and Facebook Marketplace. There is no such maker.
Back
Top