Recent content by dr_dave

  1. dr_dave

    $3000 BU Exam Challenge – Draw and Follow Mastery – Enter Online for Free

    FYI, I also just updated your score and video link on the BU Playing Ability Exam sticky thread.
  2. dr_dave

    Billiard University (BU) playing-ability-exam scores and ratings

    Here's the latest after a new score on Exam VII from kanzzo in the Draw/Follow Matrix Challenge: AZB Users Who Have Taken the BU Playing-Ability Exams (with top scores to date): BU Exam Scores (I + II), III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII - User - Table Size, corner pocket mouth, throat, shelf - Video...
  3. dr_dave

    $3000 BU Exam Challenge – Draw and Follow Mastery – Enter Online for Free

    Awesome job! Shots too difficult to call go to the shooter. I trust you. I've added your new score and video to the Challenge page. The last day for others to post entries and claim the money prizes available is Wednesday, September 30. Less than a week remains!
  4. dr_dave

    ChalkGate Definitive Answers

    The chalk marks are not very visible, but they are there. It was sent to me directly from Taom.
  5. dr_dave

    ChalkGate Definitive Answers

    I used the green Taom V10. I guess it is possible there could be slight variation from one batch to the next. The chalk I used is also a couple of years old, so maybe that is a factor too.
  6. dr_dave

    ChalkGate Definitive Answers

    In the YouTube comments on this video, many people claimed Taom V10 is better, playing cleaner and resulting in fewer skids. I decided to put their claims to the test: Check it out.
  7. dr_dave

    TAR On Demand is going away. Download before November 21, 2026

    FYI, Vimeo is discontinuing their VOD (Video on Demand) service, but they have an alternative service called OTT (Over The Top) that works almost exactly the same way. I recently converted all my instructional products to the new service. It was a painful process, but people can still purchase...
  8. dr_dave

    ChalkGate Definitive Answers

    It depends on the “box” and the company and whether the balls are waxed before shipping (which should not be done). I have seen brand new “out of the box” balls throw very little at first (because a waxy polish was used). The problem with this is as the wax starts rubbing off different parts...
  9. dr_dave

    Chalk gate at the open !!!!

    Thanks, CoCo.
  10. dr_dave

    ChalkGate Definitive Answers

    Thanks, Stu. As always, well stated with good added perspective.
  11. dr_dave

    ChalkGate Definitive Answers

    Agreed.
  12. dr_dave

    Chalk gate at the open !!!!

    Thanks. I’m glad you enjoyed it.
  13. dr_dave

    ChalkGate Definitive Answers

    It would do 1/2 as much good, but this will help your opponent also. I am pretty sure most skids come from tip chalk marks on the CB (on on OBs from previous skids, or from dunce heads hitting OBs with the tip). Everything stays cleaner with the premium chalks.
  14. dr_dave

    ChalkGate Definitive Answers

    Thanks, Jay! Using a harder and rounder tip and any of the newer “premium” chalks also helps.
  15. dr_dave

    Chalk gate at the open !!!!

    Sorry this took so long. I've been busy. Enjoy:
Back
Top