Fun Videos On A Saturday Morning

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Melling's runout against Immonen is, by far, the hardest I've ever seen on a pool table. In nine ball, ten ball, or rotation, and even straight pool, bank pool and one pocket, when you get in a jam, you can usually abandon the offense and still have a realistic chance to prevail in the ensuing tactical sequence. Contrastingly, eight ball is a game in which once you've committed to the runout, it's near impossible to turn back after a few shots, as you will very rarely win a safety battle against a top player when they have seven balls on the table and you have just three. For this reason, eight ball sometimes calls on you to play shots that are almost incomprehensibly difficult. Melling combined incredible imagination with a mind-blowing level of execution here to run out a rack that would not have looked runnable to all but a few who've ever played the game.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many of those shots were crazy misses. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks many of them were actually kinda difficult. Especially considering the circumstances.