Southwest type cue

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Who makes the closest southwest style cue that hits and and looks like the real thing ? That a working guy can afford ? Wes hunter ? Etc ….

Some Taiwanese want to emulate their idols and their SW cues. Their affordable solution is start with a SW shaft, then a high quality tribute (preferably ebony nosed).

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
If I had a dollar every time someone tells a story about so and so he knew played so well, he hustled with a broomstick or mop, I'd be rich.
I think they should have to shoot with the wet stringy mop head hanging off their ass to make it fair.

They are after all that good. :LOL:

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think Indian is more important then Arrow.
This statement is of course true, but completely irrelevant. Anyone can play with anything they want, and it seems this comment criticizes the player who has very specific tastes or wishes to spend their hard earned money on a special or beautiful cue. Someone can have a $5000 cue and still suck with it, but if having it makes him happy why does that matter to you?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This statement is of course true, but completely irrelevant. Anyone can play with anything they want, and it seems this comment criticizes the player who has very specific tastes or wishes to spend their hard earned money on a special or beautiful cue. Someone can have a $5000 cue and still suck with it, but if having it makes him happy why does that matter to you?

Happiness could be a 5k Cue, I have had a Cue or two that were nice.

If I had a Southwest would it make me better. Ask in year when my turn to order arrives.

chenjy9

I have not seen it being used much to ridicule someone wanting to spend a lot of money on a cue. I mostly see it as people using it to mock posts asking what the best cue is or when people suggest expensive custom cues in response.

4scarecrow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve had 4 SW cues come my way over the years. The only cues that I thought really compared in feel were 2 cues I had made by Richard Harris of Bluegeass Cues. I think Joey is correct about the taper.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
All the original poster asked was who makes a cue like SW and you have to chit all over his thread with crap that has nothing to do with the original question! Tool

What is like a Southwest is personal preference, as this “hit thing” I’d not measurable.

Southwest look is many, copies, or Faux Southwest looking

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
What is like a Southwest is personal preference, as this “hit thing” I’d not measurable.

Southwest look is many, copies, or Faux Southwest looking
That's why he asked, you tool .
You have no clue how SW is constructed so you are of no help .

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
That's why he asked, you tool .
You have no clue how SW is constructed so you are of no help .

The Faux Southwest is like a knockoff of anything else, appearence appears to be same, but nitty gritty could be different. Yes I said could.

People in Asia Counterfit anything they can make a buck on, from Otter Box phone cases, to high dollar S.T. DuPont Lighters. Surprised someone in Asia has not cloned the Cue with the "Z" on the Butt cap, and put it on e-bay looking for fish.

BTW have you sent a year Joey in the Southwest factory observing, or serving an apprentiship?

Would think it would take a year or longer to learn everything they Southwest does become proficient at it.

Still working your full time job with the trash company, and pretending to be some great Cue builder. Because what is it you build like 4-6 Cues a year?

When you going to have the guts to give up your real job, and shoe the world how successful you could be living off making Pool Cues full time?

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The Faux Southwest is like a knockoff of anything else, appearence appears to be same, but nitty gritty could be different.

People in Asia Counterfit anything they can make a buck on, prom phone cases, to high dollar S.T. Dopn't Pink Lighters. Surprised someone in Asia has not cloned the Cue with the "Z" on the butt cap, and put it on e-bay looking for fish.

BTW have you sent a year in the Southwest factory observing, or serving an apprentiship? Would think it would take a year or longer to learn everything they do and become proficient at it.
You're still a tool and we hate your dumb posts.
The poster got a qualified answer and a bunch of stupid posts from you.
Go play bingo Bruce.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
The Faux Southwest is like a knockoff of anything else, appearence appears to be same, but nitty gritty could be different. Yes I said could.

People in Asia Counterfit anything they can make a buck on, from Otter Box phone cases, to high dollar S.T. DuPont Lighters. Surprised someone in Asia has not cloned the Cue with the "Z" on the Butt cap, and put it on e-bay looking for fish.

BTW have you sent a year Joey in the Southwest factory observing, or serving an apprentiship?

Would think it would take a year or longer to learn everything they Southwest does become proficient at it.

Still working your full time job with the trash company, and pretending to be some great Cue builder. Because what is it you build like 4-6 Cues a year?

When you going to have the guts to give up your real job, and shoe the world how successful you could be living off making Pool Cues full time?

Tool! So you are going to throw stones, is there something wrong with where he does or doesn't work or how many cues a year he builds? Aren't you the guy who asked for donations for a Boy's club and then got caught selling the donated item?

MjAxMi02NjkwNGE2MGQ3ZGU0MzZm.png

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WTF??? Deluded moron.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Design aside ... wouldn't a shaft with the same profile as a SW attached to a similar butt (Sugartree?) play the same?
Could anyone really tell the difference in a blind test?

I think most people that buy Southwest cues buy them for reasons other than the way they feel and play.