Matchroom and Shane Van Boening launch game-changing Junior Open

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Matchroom Pool and World Champion Shane Van Boening are delighted to announce the inaugural SVB Junior Open, a new open Junior event co-promoted by Van Boening and Matchroom with a prize fund of $10,000 set to take place at Harrah’s Resort, Atlantic City during the US Open Pool Championship from October 13-14.

Go to post

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom Pool and World Champion Shane Van Boening are delighted to announce the inaugural SVB Junior Open, a new open Junior event co-promoted by Van Boening and Matchroom with a prize fund of $10,000 set to take place at Harrah’s Resort, Atlantic City during the US Open Pool Championship from October 13-14.

Go to post
I’m sure they must somehow be screening entrants for qualifications?

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I would imagine so. The Junior scene is very strong right now. This should be an interesting event.

FrankieD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Props to both Matchroom and SVB. This is great for pool, kids and families alike. Well done.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, this filled up in less than one day. I imagine they could have filled 64, as there were more entrants than that at the Junior Nationals in Las Vegas in June. And being on the East Coast, they may get a lot of kids who couldn't travel to the Nationals.

Matchroom seems to have a huge problem finding entries to its open events. Too many, too soon. ;)