2 rail kick fail and here is why.

Your use of "shorter" and "steeper" are confusing to me. Maybe "wider" (less perpendicular to the rail) and "steeper" (more perpendicular to the rail) would communicate more clearly?

pj
chgo
Just go to you table and chalk a spot and do a 2 rail kick with running english...then put a ball so it is just above the cueball path to emulate the miss the player made in the video. Then do the same shot with right english and you should be able to kick the object ball. Next try it with running english again but hit lower down on the long rail and you should be able to kick the object ball.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To refine your kicking skills, learn to play 3 cushion billiards. Kicking 1, 2 or 3 rails is dependent on speed, spin and a straight stroke. Understand how topspin will shorten an angle and bottom will generate speed. Rail first shots become easy. Before I kick at a low probability kick, I look around to see if I can tie something up. If you don't learn and practice kicks, you'll be a victim.

Reactions: bbb

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you lonesome tonight?
I suppose that next you will tell me that angels can't dance on the head of a pin.

Everybody knows that angels can dance on the head of a pin. The burning question for the ages is how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

I am a pretty tolerant person by and large. Never-the-less, this new personality for somebody is wearing thin. When I start missing Travis Trotter I know it is bad!

Hu

Joe Villalpando is not only extremely knowledgeable but can explain and demonstrate things well.
oh great while the rest of us have to wait while you do all the math only to miss by a foot. They should remove the diamonds entirely imo. This isn't paint by numbers. I got rid of my diamonds. I guarantee I can kick more accurately than any of you system guys. 1 rail, 2 rail, 3 rail, 4 rail, 5 rail.

Last edited:

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Your use of "shorter" and "steeper" are confusing to me. Maybe "wider" (less perpendicular to the rail) and "steeper" (more perpendicular to the rail) would communicate more clearly?
This is a minor head-scratcher for me. What's the clearest way to explain angles in/out from rails?
Ideally you'd have words that are self-explanatory and everyone understands intuitively, to avoid having to provide definitions. But I don't think I've found the right language yet.

Do you mind if I start a new thread including your post, to ask for suggestions?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
This is a minor head-scratcher for me. What's the clearest way to explain angles in/out from rails?
Ideally you'd have words that are self-explanatory and everyone understands intuitively, to avoid having to provide definitions. But I don't think I've found the right language yet.

Do you mind if I start a new thread including your post, to ask for suggestions?
Please do.

My suggestions are:
- more perpendicular to the rail = steeper or shorter
- less perpendicular to the rail = wider or longer

pj
chgo

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
as an eyeball
if you use the corner 5 system you have to hit 25