Brunswick Blue Diamond tips

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I just bought a box of these. They're 12mm so I'm going to use them for my English pool and snooker cues. If they're good, I'll even try them on my Z shaft. Care to share your thoughts and experience on these?

Screenshot_2024-03-26-22-31-30-16_0a63d80358d486dee2089013b0b62a12.jpg

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to always play with Blue Diamonds. They hold chalk well but are not very good at holding their shape (MHO).

Greg M

I've seen a lot of people on TSF using them for their snooker and English pool cues. Haven't tried them myself as I've always stuck with Elks and Elk Pros in the past.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Meh..I bought some of these tips years ago in various sizes and tried them on almost all my cues. On my snooker cue, I thought they were all right. Nothing spectacular, but playable. Not too dissimilar to an Elk master. If I had the choice I'd rather have an elkmaster or even a lepro, though. On my pool cues I thought they were not good at all. I didn't get the action I expected, it was like the energy got sucked out of the cue ball. For instance I felt I didn't get enough draw. Now, this has never really been a problem for me, so I found that rather puzzling. It seemed to be like that on all the various shafts I tried it on. I also tried to press one (like I do with my lepros) with disastrous results. It's hard to explain what happened, but If you examine a blue diamond tip up close it looks very "fibrous" if that is a word. When I heated it up and pressed it, it became even more so, and almost didn't resemble a leather tip anymore but more like a ball of yarn
:LOL:I press all of my LePros and Elkmasters but never had anything like that happen to any tip before or since. Maybe it was a freak accident with a tip that had something wrong with it, IDK. Anyway, I lost all faith in these tips and haven't really tried them since.

Tips are very personal. I know a lot of good snooker players who use these tips and prefer them to all others.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Granted I don't hit harder than medium speed too often, I have found little reason to dud selected Elkmasters. Elkmaster has started offering an Elkmaster Pro. It is around three dollars last I noticed and is exactly the same as a good Elkmaster from what I have read.

Out of a box of fifty Elkmasters I got nine that were super light. I suspect if someone gets one of these tips they wouldn't be happy. I round filed them.

There were four super heavy tips, all the same weight however. I wanted to test these, they got lost in a hurricane before I did.

The remaining tips fell into two groups that all weighed the same inside a group. These are very good tips. Very slight mushrooming when new, nothing thereafter. Well under fifty cents each for some very nice playing tips.

Hu

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Granted I don't hit harder than medium speed too often, I have found little reason to dud selected Elkmasters. Elkmaster has started offering an Elkmaster Pro. It is around three dollars last I noticed and is exactly the same as a good Elkmaster from what I have read.

Out of a box of fifty Elkmasters I got nine that were super light. I suspect if someone gets one of these tips they wouldn't be happy. I round filed them.

There were four super heavy tips, all the same weight however. I wanted to test these, they got lost in a hurricane before I did.

The remaining tips fell into two groups that all weighed the same inside a group. These are very good tips. Very slight mushrooming when new, nothing thereafter. Well under fifty cents each for some very nice playing tips.

Hu
elkpro's run over a $11EACH.

I just bought a box of these. They're 12mm so I'm going to use them for my English pool and snooker cues. If they're good, I'll even try them on my Z shaft. Care to share your thoughts and experience on these?

View attachment 750864
I USED BD TIPS IN THE 90'S EXCLUSIVELY UNTIL I FOUND MOORI, ANYWAY LOOKING IN MY TIP BOX AND DISCOVERED 3 bd TIPS 14mm,sooo,I think I'll put one on one of my shafts this week and do a comparison vs kamui ss which I like very much

Greg M

I recently picked up some Mike Wooldridge SuperTips. I stuck a calfskin ADR147 on my backup playing cue the other night and was surprised to find how hard the tip was. I even had trouble trimming it down with a blade.

I think once the Century G3 on my main cue goes, I'll be sticking a SuperTip on. I hope they win me over, as I've yet to settle on a forever tip.