Speaking of pool movies(something new?)

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is/are there no pool movies that are not centered on the shady side of gambling ???
Because it makes an interesting narrative. Scrappy pinoy gambles his way into a plane ticket to the us and improves his family's life would be cool.

I guess you could make a story about some guy that spends thousands of hours and the best years of his life becoming the top echelon of the sport. Then he quits to drive a schoolbus because it has medical and a pension.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is/are there no pool movies that are not centered on the shady side of gambling ???
Because a movie only about pool or some 'Heaven Can Wait' vibe pool flic would crash like a lead balloon. General movie audience doesn't give a shit about how real the pool is they want action/comedy/etc. Gambling will be tied to pool til the sun quits burning.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
The lead actor does not seem very charismatic. The script/screenplay doesn't look very good. The pool shooting/shots/open hand bridge doesn't look very good.

Other than that, I'm excited for this new pool film.
Between the lead and the side kick, I do not see this going anywhere, but you can't judge a movie from its trailer. Especially one like this where it is just a fast paced series of clips. Two nerds just will not make it, Maybe acting skills will compensate for poor physical appearance. Anyone know what players are associated with the film? It's a bad sign if no one's willing to claim it.

But, because its pool, I'll reserve judgement. We can only hope.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Between the lead and the side kick, I do not see this going anywhere, but you can't judge a movie from its trailer. Especially one like this where it is just a fast paced series of clips. Two nerds just will not make it, Maybe acting skills will compensate for poor physical appearance. Anyone know what players are associated with the film? It's a bad sign if no one's willing to claim it.

But, because its pool, I'll reserve judgement. We can only hope.
Yes, lets see if it makes it to the big screen. It's not like we have a lot to choose from. If you are like me (and I know I am) we will watch it even if it sucks.

Cuebuddy>>>Watches The Baltimore Bullet once and a while.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Yes, lets see if it makes it to the big screen. It's not like we have a lot to choose from. If you are like me (and I know I am) we will watch it even if it sucks.

Cuebuddy>>>Watches The Baltimore Bullet once and a while.
Even if it sucks, I'll probably watch it four or five times. Can't count the times I've watched Pool Hall Junkies. What's the old saw about publicity? Even if it's bad, it's good? Or as I've heard said about something else, "the worst I ever had was wonderful". Love watching bank shots on the big screen.

BB >>> still standing patiently in line at Blockbuster

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Even if it sucks, I'll probably watch it four or five times. Can't count the times I've watched Pool Hall Junkies. What's the old saw about publicity? Even if it's bad, it's good? Or as I've heard said about something else, "the worst I ever had was wonderful". Love watching bank shots on the big screen.

BB >>> still standing patiently in line at Blockbuster
I had a good friend and a great pool player ask me once how I liked Pool Hall junkies. I admitted that I had never seen it. My friend asked WTF? I told him I heard it was a terrible movie and a waste of time.

He told me that it was a movie about pool, and that I love the game so I watched it.
Guess what? I liked it and have watched a few times now myself.:cool:

DeeDeeCues

Why would I watch a terrible movie about pool? The only good pool movie isn't even a pool movie.

Tcom is mediocre with three great scenes.

Phj should be erased from the earth. The whole plot is a mess, the acting is terrible. Hell, even walken seemed to barely be awake.

There are too many great movies too waste time on garbage just because there is a pool table in it.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would I watch a terrible movie about pool? The only good pool movie isn't even a pool movie.

Phj should be erased from the earth. The whole plot is a mess, the acting is terrible. Hell, even walken seemed to barely be awake.

There are too many great movies too waste time on garbage just because there is a pool table in it.
Obviously you watched them , once!

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I enjoyed “Shooting Gallery”.