At the expo

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone thinking of traveling I got to say I think the vendors are up over past years. It’s packed as usual and the pro field is pretty strong! I’m only here for the day but wish I was here all weekend.
I`m headed there tomorrow morning, hopefully arriving by noon. This will be my 29th year attending. Wouldn`t miss it, unless a family emergency comes ups. Good time, good to see old friends and watch a lot of pool matches. Especially the after hours gambling tables, there a hoot.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Going pro
Gold Member
I’m jealous. Didnt make it and still got charged for my hotel reservation! Hey pooldawg8 you selling milk duds? Someone mentioned them in the tip thread. I’ll take a few off your hands if you have some to sell.😉

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went yesterday. It was REALLY enjoyable to see and talk with so many people that share the same interest. Everyone I spoke to was nice. I'd recommend going if you're within driving distance. I forgot how much I enjoyed pool until everything and everyone around me was about pool.

I don't have the time or enthusiasm to play in any divisions but next year I think I may try to make the time.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Went yesterday and it was more crowded than I remember. Had a nice chat with Nick Varner. Such a nice guy. Met him first in 1981. It was good seeing Earl play. Talking to people and enjoying himself. And Jayson Shaw looks like he lost some weight.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
B-B……gotta be the best place to buy a playing cue
Yes it is. Everything imaginable. McDermott brings only their top quality USA line. Lomax and Rocket cues and others doing great repairs. Wish I was there but just too much on my plate this year. Undecided about next year.

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of cues, I still regret not buying this incredible Cohen when I was there last time, direct from Eddie. Sadly I saw it for sale on here the following week for $2k more than I could have purchased for. Resellers make me sad, but it's my own fault ☹️

If only I had visited the northeast this weekend instead of last, would totally go just to see some cues in person. Been internet window shopping (nothing baller, <$1k)

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What does that mean? He sure isn’t playing lol against popular belief he’s not a god and his playing competitive days are over lol
There was a brief power outage and the building went dark for a minute or so.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is someone going to report what is going on?

Take some pics of some cues.

action wise you can watch mhet vergara youtube channel. was de luna vs guama earlier (back pocket 9b) and feliciano vs reyito in 10b. de luna lost, feliciano won

tournament wise there's another channel, with commentary

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not saying the expo is anything like it was 25-30 years ago, but we got here yesterday about 1pm & this place has been crazy. A lot of foot traffic, more vendors than yrs past & people spending money on cue related stuff. I wasn`t at all the action games but watched Russian Kenny play 2 big sets with a dude & heard he lost 10K then turned around and won 15K. This place is booming. Didn`t get back to our hotel room till 2am this morning. Lots of beautiful cues to be seen & bought for sure. Heading back over shortly That`s all for now