Who will build me….

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO you sounded like an entitled boomer who wants the world for pennies. You're also asking for an ILLEGAL material (depending on location but in most of the US cuemakers won't even touch the "natural" stuff as it invites too much headache and requires too much paperwork).

Why would any cue maker want to deal with a customer like that is beyond me.

I want this I want that I want this and I want it cheap. It's Ok if no one wants the work. :ROFLMAO:
Certainly not entitled. Worked 42 years hard in maintenance. Still working. Not sure what a boomer is. But I have learned that most everything you read online about the attitude of cue makers is times two.

Cyclone

I can tell you from my experience in building cues that customers will sometimes say “I absolutely love how your cues hit, but I want an 18” pro taper, steel joint, long ferrule out of some weird material, 31” shaft, blah blah blah” all things I don’t do for my own reasons, and they expect it to play the same as my cues.

My advice would be to took at a lot of custom cues, find someone who builds cues in that style of construction and dimensions, then play one and see if it has the feel you are looking for.

In my experience, 20” of straight pro taper = warp. It will also hit like a noodle. I wouldn’t take the work as I wouldn’t want my name on it, no offense.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can tell you from my experience in building cues that customers will sometimes say “I absolutely love how your cues hit, but I want an 18” pro taper, steel joint, long ferrule out of some weird material, 31” shaft, blah blah blah” all things I don’t do for my own reasons, and they expect it to play the same as my cues.

My advice would be to took at a lot of custom cues, find someone who builds cues in that style of construction and dimensions, then play one and see if it has the feel you are looking for.

In my experience, 20” of straight pro taper = warp. It will also hit like a noodle. I wouldn’t take the work as I wouldn’t want my name on it, no offense.
Thx cyclone

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
That attitude almost cost my boss at Corvette Denver 30 Grand because the the guy asking how much for this and how much for that looked like an average Joe with worn cloth's and holes in his tennis shoes. He had more money than all of us combined. His name is was Frank. Tony the owner at the time told us not to waste our time talking to him. Dana, R.I.P. became his friend and we began work on his many classic cars. After Frank got his first car done he decided to keep going.
For the record I have to edit 100% of my posts if I want to make sense to anyone but myself.
It's a don't judge a book by it's cover thing.
The OP of this thread probably has plenty of money too. Not even remotely a factor to the question at hand.