Rhino carbon fiber

rhontz914

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased the break shaft 3 months ago. While I understand they’re low cost I wouldn’t have thought the ferrule and shaft material would have cracked this soon. I was advised by the company their warranty is only for 30 days. They offered me $15 for my trouble. Hard pass on every spending a dime on their product again.
bed3b2667103ac995541e8d5e8ae5059.jpg

5cdba93e9f4db455f24370a5132cf379.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSP

I purchased the break shaft 3 months ago. While I understand they’re low cost I wouldn’t have thought the ferrule and shaft material would have cracked this soon. I was advised by the company their warranty is only for 30 days. They offered me $15 for my trouble. Hard pass on every spending a dime on their product again.
bed3b2667103ac995541e8d5e8ae5059.jpg

5cdba93e9f4db455f24370a5132cf379.jpg

Sorry about your shaft, I know Becue shafts are more expensive but the company's whole mission was to bring CF to billiards like to golf clubs, check them out.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their break shaft ferrule looks weak to me. The pic looks like ferrule failure led to the cf damage. A stouter ferrule would probably stop this from happening.

Newsheriffintwn

Newsheriff Custom Cues
Gold Member
Silver Member
I purchased one to check them out a few weeks ago. The first thing I noticed is they have used and very brittle plastic (bright white color) for the ferrules. They use a clear acrylic pad on top of that which further compounds the brittle hit I experienced. I changed the ferrule to juma (wht) replaced the tip and had zero issues and liked the hit and sound a lot better. Mine was a playing shaft and I understand this is a break shaft, just my experience is all.

To the OP pretty lame on the warranty if you ask me. IMO the damage was caused by the inferior ferrule material used. The shaft can be fixed you might lose a little length as long as the crack isn't really long (far back into the cf). Once repaired will have a good shaft.

L.S. Dennis

Their break shaft ferrule looks weak to me. The pic looks like ferrule failure led to the cf damage. A stouter ferrule would probably stop this from happening.
I agree, it looks like a bad ferrule but easily fixable. At most maybe 1/8th of an inch might be taken off the CF portion but no big deal especially since it's just a break shaft anyway. Nonetheless this shouldn't have happened in the first place.

DeeDeeCues

I agree, it looks like a bad ferrule but easily fixable. At most maybe 1/8th of an inch might be taken off the CF portion but no big deal especially since it's just a break shaft anyway. Nonetheless this shouldn't have happened in the first place.

It is impossible to tell how far the crack has progressed from the photos. It may be impossible to tell with it in hand. CF is a brittle material. I'd toss that shaft.

And here I was told that CF shafts were indestructible.

rhontz914

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is impossible to tell how far the crack has progressed from the photos. It may be impossible to tell with it in hand. CF is a brittle material. I'd toss that shaft.

And here I was told that CF shafts were indestructible.

I assumed I’d get more than a few months. I know anything can have an unseen defect which is acceptable. Their response to me was insulting.