Is it ok to just look at Temu?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sticks are roughly Amazonian price wise so nothing there. There were joint caps - I presume two sets for 5 bucks but who knows. And of course the 50 dollar carbon shafts. Fortunately I have no use for a quick release insert. To reiterate the main concern, privacy. All reviews say stay away from the electronics. They also say they are affiliated with the Chinese Communists and will 3rd party-ize your info. Getting spammed a lot might be the best of it.

I'm an independent contractor courier and I'm about to start delivering for a company that has the temu contract in my area. I've never even heard of temu until this opportunity came along and looked into it via the people who gave me the job and all they've said is, "it's as cheap crap as cheap can get but hey, people are buying it."

Do keep us posted on how this plays out.

midnightmark

Registered
I came across TEMU about a year ago. I've been pleasantly surprised.
I have NOT had any negative issue with my credit card. I(t's pretty much same as buying from Amazon or EBAY.

TEMU's business model is Manufacturer DIRECTLY to Customer (M to C.)

I've bought a Sharp looking "AUTOMATIC" Watch for $25. (Who cares if it breaks in 2 years.)
Well designed Sneakers (NIKE Pegasus Knock off) for $18. (I bought two pair.) Which I still wear everyday...
REIKI Power Stone. $8-15
T Shirt $7
Ankle Brace with Heating Pad... Etc... FREE SHIPPING w over $20 purchase

Pool equipment. I wouldn't bother.

FOLKS, Use Common Sense.... You can't expect Nordstrom quality goods at these prices. If you're super fussy person DON'T BOTHER.
BUT you might be pleasantly surprised.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I might have Temu running shoes - via Walmart also oxford cloth stick bags via Amazon. 15 bucks for the shoes and 12 bucks each for 3x4 butterfly bags. I'd buy directly if there was proper regulation.

desert1pocket

Registered Fish
Silver Member
They had a predator cue on there that said it had black technology in reference to the shaft.. are you saying thats not legit ? 😂
I've not checked out Temu, but I've seen the Predator knock offs on AliExpress. The brand is "PREOAIDR", and they look like a Predator from across the room. They also have the "black technology", or you can get a shaft that's apparently both a 2nd gen 314 and a 2nd gen Z shaft.
1000009679.png
:unsure:

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I'd personally not use it. Big security risk. I'm not trying to appear on moral high ground here, but the price usually doesn't get that cheap ethically. Corners are cut, in some cases there is literal slave labor and child labor. I'm all for being thrifty and saving a buck when I can but someone pays the price for stuff being so cheap. I've seen videos of plastic stuff (like power strips even) just breaking. I'm not a plastic guru but I read that basically the mix was made cheaply so it ends up brittle in some cases.

I get it, if it's cheap a certain product might be ok but there's a lot of crap on there too.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in my country payment is done through a (national) third party so temu doesn't have anything to do with my credit card. they have my name and email but so does hundreds of other businesses.

of course if you buy a fishing reel it's not going to be the same quality as a brand one. but if you buy hooks, swivels, clips, sinkers, they will often be not only as good but the exact same stuff as your local fishing gear shop is flogging for 10x the price. even their braided line is good enough.

the same principle applies to other categories, you're not gonna buy a cordless power tool there, but mandrels, fixture clamps etc are definitely worth buying.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone I know says it is all junk, although , if you need a small tool or gadget or gizmo, some of it looks like it will work fine for a time or two . As I said , giving the Chinese my credit card information is not something I am going to do. No more than I am going to send it to India , that's like going to New York City and playing 3 card monte on the street corner. Everybody breathing knows how to take your money 50 different ways.

Still want to shoot

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
in my country payment is done through a (national) third party so temu doesn't have anything to do with my credit card. they have my name and email but so does hundreds of other businesses.

of course if you buy a fishing reel it's not going to be the same quality as a brand one. but if you buy hooks, swivels, clips, sinkers, they will often be not only as good but the exact same stuff as your local fishing gear shop is flogging for 10x the price. even their braided line is good enough.

the same principle applies to other categories, you're not gonna buy a cordless power tool there, but mandrels, fixture clamps etc are definitely worth buying.
It is not only a matter of poor quality items on these websites, But also of misleading ads, and sending something different that what you expected. I ordered a pair of oakleys years. They not only were most likely fakes,. but they sent a childs size when it wasnt posted that they were for children.

Last edited:

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought several items from TEMU and have been happy but if I was an auto mechanic, I would not buy anything I used often. Buyer be wise.

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone I know says it is all junk, although , if you need a small tool or gadget or gizmo, some of it looks like it will work fine for a time or two . As I said , giving the Chinese my credit card information is not something I am going to do. No more than I am going to send it to India , that's like going to New York City and playing 3 card monte on the street corner. Everybody breathing knows how to take your money 50 different ways.
not advising anyone to buy from Temu but thats what paypal is for so you don't have to

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not advising anyone to buy from Temu but thats what paypal is for so you don't have to
I did not see a Pay Pal option when I was looking, but it's been a while. I just looked again and I see Pay Pal Google Pay and Venmo, I guess I can try a few of the gadgicks I have looked at , lol thanks

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member