JB Cases didn't show us this one.............

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Roy at Indyq has it on his web-site, it called "High Country". <<<<<----More photos here!!!!!!!

Just Arrived 1/16/2010, One-Of-A-Kind Piece Of Art In Leather.

JB Cases gets a bunch of these :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house&#129304;&#127995;
Silver Member
now that is a great case....cowboy you and i have the same taste...mickey carroll

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just curious, anyone know what the writing means on the bottom of the case?

Shane

It's Lee, Zhen Hai, the tooler who designed the piece with me and who did the tooling.

Zhen (Jen) Hai has been working for me for more than two years and he has turned into a world class tooler and case designer.

Before coming to us he did and still does his own work making other leather goods. He is gaining some fame around China for his wallets, belts, etc... and the creative elements he employs.

Our collaboration has been great so far and together we make several of these top cases a year. Each one takes months of designing and execution to achieve.

I will show off better pix in the gallery when I have time. It's important to look at the design carefully as each one is a completely unique piece that was drawn only for one single case never to be used again.

Also look at the construction carefully and see if you can pick out the elements which are somewhat beyond the ordinary in cue cases. I spend a lot of time thinking about how to take case making to another level and I encourage Zhen Hai to go on that journey with me. As such he is becoming very creative in finding solutions that are compatible with my vision of case making.

Someday soon we will begin offering Zhen Hai's other work for sale on our website. The pieces will be made by him as they are now and not by our shop. I feel it's a good thing to let the people outside China experience what Zhen Hai's own work is and have the opportunity to obtain some.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
It's Lee, Zhen Hai, the tooler who designed the piece with me and who did the tooling.

Zhen (Jen) Hai has been working for me for more than two years and he has turned into a world class tooler and case designer.

Before coming to us he did and still does his own work making other leather goods. He is gaining some fame around China for his wallets, belts, etc... and the creative elements he employs.

Our collaboration has been great so far and together we make several of these top cases a year. Each one takes months of designing and execution to achieve.

I will show off better pix in the gallery when I have time. It's important to look at the design carefully as each one is a completely unique piece that was drawn only for one single case never to be used again.

Also look at the construction carefully and see if you can pick out the elements which are somewhat beyond the ordinary in cue cases. I spend a lot of time thinking about how to take case making to another level and I encourage Zhen Hai to go on that journey with me. As such he is becoming very creative in finding solutions that are compatible with my vision of case making.

Someday soon we will begin offering Zhen Hai's other work for sale on our website. The pieces will be made by him as they are now and not by our shop. I feel it's a good thing to let the people outside China experience what Zhen Hai's own work is and have the opportunity to obtain some.

Thanks for the reply...

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Phenomenal Case............

John,

I would have responded to this thread earlier, but was at DCC where I proceeded to get really ill. It turned out to be a crazy virus that wanted to do some wild dances on my insides for a couple of days, followed by some lumbar screaming for a couple of days, but I am now home and on the mend.

This case is simply phenomenal. The tooling seems to fit the case perfectly in its design layout, both the tooling and case construction are flawless in execution, and overall the case is likely one of the best cases ever made. (The Palace Garden may still own that description). As you can tell, I could not be more pleased.

The way the lid snap is reinforced by shaping of the leather is really, really a good idea and also adds to the look. The upper pouch has a magnetic clasp which is fitted and recessed in a very unique way. I hope you have a picture of the upper pouch open to show this innovative feature. The upper pouch also has a side zipper to increase ease of use. The tooled handles also add very positively to the case.

I am a happy camper! Please pass my sincere thanks on to all who contributed with you in building the case. Particularly the tooler! And I also thoroughly like the fit of the interior to my cues. You would get a positive kick out of seeing the two cues I have currently loaded in the case. If I ever start taking pictures, I will be dangerous.

BTW, where can I find one of the cue balls like the one you have in your pictures? I would like to keep one like it in the ball box (another wonderful feature of this case, a matching ball box!).

Will Prout

Last edited: