World 9 Ball in Qatar

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I always look at the QBSF every year and it is always horrible until right before play begins. Nothing on their Facebook page either.

Just a few days before the 2019 championship....
..nothing but how to join the 2018 championship

And just a few days before we see all the excitement of a ghost town....
...which looks extra bad after the excitement of the Mosconi Cup

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a few days before the 2019 championship....
..nothing but how to join the 2018 championship

And just a few days before we see all the excitement of a ghost town....
...which looks extra bad after the excitement of the Mosconi Cup

Will it be played in that same Quatari bomb shelter auditorium, with only the sound of the air conditioning to compete with the clicking pool balls?
After a packed stands to the nosebleeds Mosconi Cup, this plays like a funeral with all the empty seats and Monastery-like echos.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m reading Dec 3 to 12th
Am I batting zero today?...I thought I could trust the internet...:eek:

I also read 10th through 17th....wth

Is the earlier date qualifying?

Yes they like to masquerade qualifiers as a "stage 1" and somehow part of the actual championship event.

"Qualifiers:
10, 11 & 12 December

Player’s Meeting:
13 December

Stage 2:
14, 15, 16 & 17 December"

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m reading Dec 3 to 12th
Am I batting zero today?...I thought I could trust the internet...:eek:

I also read 10th through 17th....wth

Is the earlier date qualifying?

The WPA calendar says Dec. 10-12 for qualifier rounds and Dec. 14-17 for the real thing.

But I do remember that an earlier report had it as starting on the 3rd, and that info possibly came from an earlier date on the WPA calendar. Then the WPA removed it entirely from their calendar, then later put it back to starting on the 10th.

And you might also remember an earlier thread suddenly announcing that it had started in August. :eek:

Some of the possible World 9-Ball contenders will be playing any-ball-any-pocket on Dec. 3.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The WPA calendar says Dec. 10-12 for qualifier rounds and Dec. 14-17 for the real thing.

But I do remember that an earlier report had it as starting on the 3rd, and that info possibly came from an earlier date on the WPA calendar. Then the WPA removed it entirely from their calendar, then later put it back to starting on the 10th.

And you might also remember an earlier thread suddenly announcing that it had started in August. :eek:

Some of the possible World 9-Ball contenders will be playing any-ball-any-pocket on Dec. 3.

It’s almost as if it’s intentional how amateur and vague they are at doing this.
It defies explanation how a governing body of anything cannot hold 1 official tournament every year.
Mike Zuglan holds two major tournaments a year on time, on schedule, and do you think the WPA could give him a call and ask him what the magic is that makes it happen?

My default explanation is that it’s done on purpose. But I can’t figure out a motive yet.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Textbook example of in incompetence and arrogance in leadership.

I don't think they are malevolent though. Their intentions are probably good - they just can't execute.