View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-07-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaspook View Post
... But since we are chasing rainbows here......
What if all the solids we cleared, table open, opponent claims stripes....can I shoot the eight.???
I've seen a double rainbow (two concentric rainbows) but never a triple. I wonder if that's possible.

But to answer your question, the WPA rules do not cover this case. The BCAPL rules, which tend to cover more corner cases and have explanations/interpretations of the rules, say:
2. If all balls of either group are pocketed on the break or illegally pocketed before groups are established, either player may legally shoot the 8-ball during their inning. You win the game if you legally pocket the 8-ball on such a shot.
But there is yet another corner case here. Suppose the solids are gone and you call the eight and shoot a stripe-eight combo to pocket the eight. Is that a legal shot? Remember, mixed-group combos are allowed on an open table as long as the eight is not struck first.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy