Us open 10 ball

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kaci won over Shane in the 8 Ball rather convincingly. Neither player can afford to make a mistake.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Denis is still the man at many tourneys and when he is hitten em good its like poetry. I could not be happier for Shane, he is still my favorite. Kaci is exactly what the game needs right now, he plays at an extremely high level and seems like a good kid. At his age he will rule the pool world soon enough.

Congrats to SVB and wait to go Mitch E for having such a strong tourney.

Denis is still the man at many tourneys and when he is hitten em good its like poetry.
^^^^^^ No doubt. As I said earlier, he has been a beast for years. I highly respect his game.

I could not be happier for Shane, he is still my favorite.
^^^^^^ Shane is my favorite and has been for a long time. IMO, Shane is the biggest beast in pool. That is just my opinion but I truly believe that.

*************************************************************************************************
Kaci is exactly what the game needs right now, he plays at an extremely high level and seems like a good kid. At his age he will rule the pool world soon enough.
*************************************************************************************************
I could not have said it better. You said pretty much what I was trying to get across.

Some have mentioned that Kaci has not challenged this player or that player. That alone tells me Kaci is more mature than most of the people that watch him play.

If he stays in pool, as you said, he will most likely rule pool soon enough. I hope he ends up acting more like Efrin or Shane instead of some barking beast, regardless of how strong they play.

Pool needs to be seen as a respected sport. It is not seen that way by the masses and will not until more young people like Kaci steps into the ranks.

I'm not saying lets go ahead and put him into the hall of fame. LOL. But, everyone should show the kid more respect.

After all, how often do we see, as you said, "a good kid" enter into the ranks of pro pool players? Not often.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish more replies were like John Henderson's, politely disagree and explain his position without offense and name calling. All were, are, or will be champions. We, the pool playing public, are beneficiaries of great pool!

I agree.

It seems that Kaci, as young as he is, acts more mature than the average seasoned pool player.

I hope he stays that way.

Congratulations to who raised him. They evidently did a great job. Actions speak much louder than words. Kaci's actions, even in the really high-end pressure situations has handled himself like a "man" well beyond his years.

As said earlier, pool (we) need Kaci and more like him very badly.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Good results for Oscar Dominguez....he plays Toastie in the last four on the A-side today.
.....papa is hanging in on the B-side

Alex and Eklenti is the other A-side match...it couldn’t happen again, could it? :eek:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good results for Oscar Dominguez....he plays Toastie in the last four on the A-side today.
.....papa is hanging in on the B-side

Alex and Eklenti is the other A-side match...it couldn’t happen again, could it? :eek:

Well... alternate breaks!

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I will be sweating the Oscar, Thorston match.

I watched both of Oscar's matches closely yesterday. I was very impressed. There should be some awesome pool coming on the streaming table.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I will be sweating the Oscar, Thorston match.

I watched both of Oscar's matches closely yesterday. I was very impressed. There should be some awesome pool coming on the streaming table.

I won’t be watching till tomorrow.....and Freddie will be busy.
A few posts would be greatly appreciated.

pt...hoping for an Oscar-Alex A-side final

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What Jay said...and others. Kaci is a fine young talent. Lots of guys have shown up and are soon never to be seen again. Some have even snapped off a major at a young age (I could mention them but it would seem like a negative) and never to win another.

Great players who have "Only" won one US Open 9 ball
Cory D
John S
Gabe
JJ
Archer
Alex P
Efren
Rodney
Ralf

GREAT Players who never won a US Open 9 Ball:
Busty and 50 more

Lets wait until Kaci wins at least one before we sprinkle holy water on him and parade him through the street.

The pecking order in no particular order:
SVB, Alex P, Dennis O and Jayson S All others are a gear behind.
Don't know about that Gear Behind when it comes to Chang Jun-Lin and the Ko Bros and the rest of Team Taiwan! I just wish they played more in the US. I could watch Chang play all day. Great talent, great attitude and handles pressure well.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Kaci is a great talent but he's only one of a bunch of very young guns:
Filller
Gorst
Kaci
Ko Jr

All these guys can play and hopefully will be around for a while.

What about Aranas and Alshaheen???

Overall pool talent has never been better, imho. Who said pool was dead?

Maniac

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
All really good players. My comments were more directed at Kaci. Your list are boys who I would consider the “Next Ones”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All really good players. My comments were more directed at Kaci. Your list are boys who I would consider the “Next Ones”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I'd add that it is very difficult to tell the A listers from the superstars, watching them play...

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Alex leads Kaci 4-3, final 4 on the winner's side.

No one who complains about slow play is gonna like these games. Kaci just took 8 minutes to run 8 balls.