Dale Perrys on ebay.. anyone ever win the auction lol

EasyEJL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:nanner:

I guess you can stick with your Cuetec then....

So a rubber bumper means the rest of the cue is no good?

LOL...I bet you test a radio in a car before you buy it too.
Good radio...good car.:rotflmao1:

no jackass, but if the bumper is bad in the pictures you are using to sell it, I can count on the rest of it being as poorly put together too

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no jackass, but if the bumper is bad in the pictures you are using to sell it, I can count on the rest of it being as poorly put together too
:bash:

Your experience as a buyer of pool cues is really showing.

Again, I bet you wouldn't buy a car without a good radio.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
an fyi on sniping programs (and I know the op is looking for dp purchase advice). :wink:

sniping is not voodoo, or any big mysterious marvel. It is simply a program that places a bid for you. As JB mentioned, the huge advantage in using one is you can "set it and forget it". The program has your log in and account info and you set it for when you want your max bid placed and you can go about your other biz and not have to think about it. And, itwill only use the minimum incremental amount needed to leapfrog any other high bidder.

I've been using a sniper program on ebay for many years and enjoy the convenience it provides. It's just that, a convenience.

Also, you got some great advice from Kevin along with a link so you can check previous dp sales to determine where to set your price to have success.

As for DP cues, they are a good bang for the buck, imo, but be advised that if you need customer service, Dale can be about as accomodating as Meucci.

For those unaware, this is not a compliment.

GL to the op with getting a dp at a reasonable price.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Dale perry cues

I had a dale perry in for repairs.
There was a problem with the glue, ferrule and joint came loose,
I couldnt save the ferrule, and replaced the tip.
the first repair was 1/3 of what the cue sold for new.

MMike

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
There is only one winner on every Dale Perry cue auction... and his name is Dale Perry.

mearlin

You are now a toa..ZZZzzz
There is only one winner on every Dale Perry cue auction... and his name is Dale Perry.

When anyone buys any other cue, the winner is always the cue maker, especially if they can make them at a high volume with little cost. Any business strives to make money for as little out of pocket cost as possible.

The last and only Lucasi I owned came apart in my hands, the forearm just fell off. Cue was about 5 years old and had never been outside of my pool room, which is temperature controlled.

I'm thinking anyone can make a bad cue here and there. Mass production usually exacerbates the issue due to so many cues being made.

The quality control can become lax due to more than one person inspecting the cues. One persons quality is not the same as another persons.

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
When anyone buys any other cue, the winner is always the cue maker, especially if they can make them at a high volume with little cost. Any business strives to make money for as little out of pocket cost as possible.

The last and only Lucasi I owned came apart in my hands, the forearm just fell off. Cue was about 5 years old and had never been outside of my pool room, which is temperature controlled.

I'm thinking anyone can make a bad cue here and there. Mass production usually exacerbates the issue due to so many cues being made.

The quality control can become lax due to more than one person inspecting the cues. One persons quality is not the same as another persons.

I have no beef with Dale Perry or his cues, I was just being a smart*** cause' i'm good at it.
I shoot with a production Joss and I like it.
I've actually bid on a few of his cues just to I could try one out but I've never won either since I'm cheap. I'm guessing for the price you can't go too wrong.

mearlin

You are now a toa..ZZZzzz
I have no beef with Dale Perry or his cues, I was just being a smart*** cause' i'm good at it.
I shoot with a production Joss and I like it.
I've actually bid on a few of his cues just to I could try one out but I've never won either since I'm cheap. I'm guessing for the price you can't go too wrong.

I know Bigshooter :)

I never have a problem with your posts. You allowed me to state my opinion, so I took it. Much appreciated.

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
I've always wondered how his cues played for years and they're going cheap enough to warrant a bid ;). Waited last minute put a bid of $2.50 higher and sure enough I won it lol. It's one of those cases were I didn't really care if I got out bid or not as I'm sure there will be more opportunity to bid at other ones. Got the cue yesterday and maybe it's a hit or miss thing with his cues but for what I got it is a bargain. For the price I paid the quality is pretty darn good and shoots pretty solid. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. I would buy one over most production cues (Viking, Cuetech, Players, etc). Except for Joss and Schon cause I just love my Schons :D. Anyways for something to just shoot around with without caring too much these cues I feel are a bargain.

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played in the bar tournament last week with my new one and didn't lose a game in 7 matches. IMO they shoot pretty damn good for what you can get one for. Looks good enough to sell it locally for at least 1/3 more than I paid for it. I'm keeping this one though. It seems to shoot better than I do.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I've always wondered how his cues played for years and they're going cheap enough to warrant a bid ;). Waited last minute put a bid of $2.50 higher and sure enough I won it lol. It's one of those cases were I didn't really care if I got out bid or not as I'm sure there will be more opportunity to bid at other ones. Got the cue yesterday and maybe it's a hit or miss thing with his cues but for what I got it is a bargain. For the price I paid the quality is pretty darn good and shoots pretty solid. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. I would buy one over most production cues (Viking, Cuetech, Players, etc). Except for Joss and Schon cause I just love my Schons :D. Anyways for something to just shoot around with without caring too much these cues I feel are a bargain.

How much ? 250$ or $2.50