Missed BIH last night - against Efren Reyes.

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren was in town (Houston) yesterday playing an exhibition and I signed up to play him a couple of games of 8 ball. My gf's daughter played one game and I played the other.

I broke dry, he ran 4, missed a bank, then I ran 5 - overpowered the 9 trying to get on my last ball before the 8, but tied up his ball and the 8. We went back and forth the next couple of shots with me playing safe or trying to leave him long banks, until the only balls I had left were the 9 and the 8 - he had the 1, 6 and 8.

I left him a table length bank on the 1 and he missed and scratched - gave me BIH with 2 balls on the table. I set up on the 9 to draw back a couple of feet for the 8 and once again overpowered and rattled it! He then ran out smooth as silk.

Never had so much fun missing in my life.

My gf's daughter played him next and she broke, made a ball, and then missed her first shot. He ran out but left himself a 4 rail bank on the 8 ball with traffic (Pretty sure on purpose) and fired at it - the 8 ball goes four rails, off 2 of her balls into the pocket he called.

His response? A small smile and "Lucky".

Classic.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren was in town (Houston) yesterday playing an exhibition and I signed up to play him a couple of games of 8 ball. My gf's daughter played one game and I played the other.

I broke dry, he ran 4, missed a bank, then I ran 5 - overpowered the 9 trying to get on my last ball before the 8, but tied up his ball and the 8. We went back and forth the next couple of shots with me playing safe or trying to leave him long banks, until the only balls I had left were the 9 and the 8 - he had the 1, 6 and 8.

I left him a table length bank on the 1 and he missed and scratched - gave me BIH with 2 balls on the table. I set up on the 9 to draw back a couple of feet for the 8 and once again overpowered and rattled it! He then ran out smooth as silk.

My gf's daughter played him next and she broke, made a ball, and then missed her first shot. He ran out but left himself a 4 rail bank on the 8 ball with traffic (Pretty sure on purpose) and fired at it - the 8 ball goes four rails, off 2 of her balls into the pocket he called.

Classic.

He will ALWAYS make sure an opponent who doesn't have a chance against him gets a chance-even in a tournament. I think he let OMGWTF win a game of 1P at the DCC and i know he missed many times in an exhibition vs Jeanette Lee trying to give her some games. I've also seen him NOT take BIH 3 times when his helpless opponent missed kicks.He is a Prince of a man all around.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You dirty dog!

Haha...like my buddy once told me when I shot an easy ball right into the rail: he wins a lotta game coz he is (insert pool bully name here).

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
priceless memory for you and your girlfriend's daughter

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He is a Prince of a man all around.[/QUOTE]

A few years ago at Derby, Efren was playing 1P challenge games for $50 each.
Bangers were happy to donate $50 to play the Magician a game of 1P.
On several occasions I saw him refuse to take the $50.
On the other hand, don't mess with Efren on the chessboard!

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Classic.

great story!