So, how much did he lose ?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell us more about your crack addiction? That would explain some things.

Gosh it's amazing that i have played hundreds of times and dozens of streamed matches and not gone off...

Yes it was my choice. My stupidity and ego and underlying psychological issues contributed of course but no one could have predicted that. The most i have gone off for in random action previously has been a couple grand. And i booked plenty of winners along the way. But the bottom line is that i am clear about it and not dodging responsibility.

Thank you for trying to blame it on addiction and to knock someone you call an addict but you're wrong and unethical as usual.

Lou, you're running out of ways to milk your most significant pool accomplishment. Knocking me is yelling at the sky. Despite all of your attempts i am successful and even when i get stupid and lose more money than you could ever imagine playing for i just dust off, get up and do better than even before.

You had a job widely regarded as lying for a living. My job is building high quality dependable products and selling them honestly. We could not be more different in how we approach life. I do however sincerely admire your ability to tell a story and if you're telling ours then i appreciate the attention. I will continue to keep learning and growing and enjoying this life. You're one part of it and a fading one.

Somewhat obviously, you are a real slow learner, lol.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most paid streams don't get even half the attention the stream in question is still getting days after it happened.

That just shows that pool players are way worse than old ladies when it comes to drama/gossip.

To bad you can't recoup some of the loss with the stream....

Jeff

When we played in '04 Pat Fleming said we got up to 800 viewers on the stream the first night.

I know there's some kvetching about all this right now but people still love a good car wreck and the more carnage the better. So to those wringing their hands, I say: funny -- you're right here in the middle of it.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah, I was pretty unnoticeable here during those first 7 years when I was trying to muster the courage to interact with everyone. :grin-square::rolleyes:

regarding rematch, it's not looking good, is it?

best,
brian kc

It's all good, Brian.

John thinks going off like a Roman Candle is good PR.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou has his soul in a jar. Let that sink in.

I’m sure JB is a good dude but he hasn’t been the same since the inception of said jar.

His soul is in a damn pickle jar. Let that sink in.

...thinkin' about taking the jar out into the alleyway and blowing it up with a cherry bomb.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John, Really sorry you took a big hit and how it's taking a toll on your emotions. But you damn sure don't owe a bunch of degenerate nit, nut hunting - wannabe gamblers an apology or a youtube video explaining anything. Just owe people that money and pay them when you can. If they don't like that tough shit, they should have posted. They can't kill and eat you.

I really think you should try to get some help. You lost $66,000 dollars for God's sake!!! And you are rationalizing it!!! The seedy pool world is not a forgiving and empathetic soft place to be. Just accept that you are not cut out for pressure gambling. You are too into your feelings to be a gambler. That is a fact!!! But you are in full blown denial and you're not the only one. Take Lou for example, now here's a guy who everyone knows is self absorbed narcissistic egomaniac who takes great pleasure kicking another man when he's down in well written novel form. But Lou thinks this is normal behavior and he deserves to be heard because he's a good military man. That's called denial.

Please stop trying to justify your actions with "win some / lose some" rationalizations. You shouldn't even bet $5 dollars because it apparently triggers something that makes you go off. I never like to see guys go off. But it's a sad truth in the degenerate world of gambling. Some guys can bet outside their comfort zone and lose but still maintain control and not go off all the way. Some guys can't. You are one of those guys that can't. There used to be a guy in Houston who was known as "Go Off John". Sad thing is, every hustler, even the classy ones, would line up and wait around for him, hoping to be the next guy to take him down. There were others too. Pill Head Larry, Sid, Wino Tom, And the list goes on and on. All the players would line up and try to snap them off. They hoped Tom would be drunk or Larry would be pilled out and so on. Disgusting to watch. After they would take off the go off they really felt proud of themselves.

In closing, you are not cut out for pressure gambling because your emotions and feelings get in the way of playing winning pool. Doesn't make you a bad person and the sooner you can accept your reality the sooner you can find some peace. Pool gambling can be real ugly and it's not meant for people who express their feelings on youtube. The best pool players have no feelings. Stay in your lane, and your lane is not pressure gambling.

Thank you for the compliment on my writing skill.

Lou Figueroa

Scrunge19

Registered
As opposed to 35K?

We better keep bumping this thread, it is going to take a while to get $66,000 worth of marketing from this unfortunate event.

Gotta justify it somehow so he can write it off as a “business” expense on his tax return.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
A bit back, when we was woofin' to play for $20,000, I had three different guys immediately contact me and say they'd stake me for the full amount.

I also had guys in STL do the same. They didn't want your dough leaving town :)

Lou Figueroa

Then, if true which is doubtful, that would be the definition of a nit. As i said you're a good story teller.

Somewhat obviously, you are a real slow learner, lol.

Lou Figueroa

What's the lesson? All i learned from you is how i definitely do not want to be.

Losing 66k is a sign of someone having a gambling problem. As long as that problem isn't dealt with properly, starting with the person realizing that they do in fact have a problem, it will get worse and worse. JB is in complete denial about both this and the level of his play. I'm sorry but it's the truth.

I have a better fargorate than JB, and I'd never dream of putting that kind of money on a game, even if I can make a long shot, straight in, every time, unlike JB. Nevertheless there are people who'd swim a river of sh.. to play me 9 ball or ten ball. The difference is, that I know that. I also know that, because I work for a living, I can't maintain more than maybe 80% of my skill under big pressure. I just dont' have the time to practise 10 hours a day, play tournaments every week etc. and nerves will get to me because of that.

Granted I don't have as much money as him, but objectively, if you don't have a 700+ rating, I don't really think you have any business playing pool for big money. Your game just isn't stable enough to reliably run out on the opportunities that you should. You're going to miss runnable layouts, and then it truely is gambling.

In many countries 66k is about equal to the annual net wages of an engineer or someone with a similar level of skill. That's not a trifling amount. Imagine flushing a years wages down the toilet because you couldn't control your emotions on one day. Not only that, but knowing that you're probably betting against air. I seriously doubt those guys had that kind of money in a satchel to hand over if they lost.

The amount determines the problem? Denial? I just posted a freaking hour long video that laid out the underlying issues.

And it wasn't 66k. I don't even know where that number came from. It was about 35k and was much more about the ego than the money. I have an insecurity problem not a gambling problem. Playing pool for money is not the problem. How it is dinner is the problem. I have zero regrets for any match i have played where the match was arranged and rules agreed on and money posted. I have a ton of regret for random action where i let my ego determine the betting and went in unprepared to play my best. I hope that the difference is clear.

As for having to have a certain rating to play for money, no that's never going to happen as people are competitive long before they are capable. Competition is what shapes players. The smart and steady ones collect the most money. The streaky ones are the most entertaining, the nervous ones donate most of the time. The thrill of victory is a powerful motivation and the agony of defeat is commonly shared.

The amount of money is not the problem. A person with a having problem will blow all of their money regardless of how much they have. The person who is a thrill seeker will chase that thrill no matter what. But it's not just as simple as saying that losing x$ indicates a gambling problem. For many people what i lost means nothing. Seriously, to them it's as inconsequential as losing $10. For others it's more than a year's wages. So focusing on the amount is not the best way to look at it.

I have (had?) an ego issue. That has led to some bad decision making and some good decision making. However i prefer to be in more control now and not have the bad decision making happen and have the good decision making be for reasons other than to satisfy my ego.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Gotta justify it somehow so he can write it off as a “business” expense on his tax return.

Actually all promotion is an expense but beyond that gambling losses can be claimed anyway if i chose to.

But i will put the loss in the expenses as i have always done because i do promote my business with entertaining love streams featuring me competing for money. Still a loss i would rather have not taken but i am certainly not going be taxed on that money. That's just legal, normal and smart business.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then, if true which is doubtful, that would be the definition of a nit. As i said you're a good story teller.

What's the lesson? All i learned from you is how i definitely do not want to be.

oh, it's true about the backers -- and lots and lots and lots of guys, at all different skill levels up to the most elite of pros get staked, for many different reasons.

As to the lesson not learned: that you should not be gambling at pool for a lot of dough. Case in point: getting your nose wide open and going off like SpaceX for $35,000 (or was it closer to $66,000?).

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Seems like you need backers, not Lou.

Well then i guess Lou needs some heart or a brain because leaving money on the table isn't really smart is it? I mean if you spend years talking about that one match.... And refuse to match up again then what's the motivation?

Funny that not a single one of his claimed backers ever publicly started their intentions. I guess if they exist they have their reasons but it would have made things different if they had publicly voiced their commitment. As if stands we only have the "story".

Now you never get to know because that opportunity is gone. The time to take those backers and take John off is over. So lack of heart or lack of intelligence? Doesn't matter because the guy with backers refused to play. He make up any story he wants and can't be proven wrong. The question is are you entertained? If so then you got your money's worth.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well then i guess Lou needs some heart or a brain because leaving money on the table isn't really smart is it? I mean if you spend years talking about that one match.... And refuse to match up again then what's the motivation?

Funny that not a single one of his claimed backers ever publicly started their intentions. I guess if they exist they have their reasons but it would have made things different if they had publicly voiced their commitment. As if stands we only have the "story".

Now you never get to know because that opportunity is gone. The time to take those backers and take John off is over. So lack of heart or lack of intelligence? Doesn't matter because the guy with backers refused to play. He make up any story he wants and can't be proven wrong. The question is are you entertained? If so then you got your money's worth.

Better to leave some money on the table than your ass.

I think most guys here can easily see why people who have that kind of money would want to back me in a match against you. That you can't see it just proves how much of a sucker you are.

Lou Figueroa