CP2CP aiming revisited.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If one can see that the glass is half full or half empty, then one can approximate filling the glass 1/4 full or 1/3 full by using the empty portion of the glass as an aid.

This can also apply to the OB in finding the contact point on its equator. The point closest to you that sends it to the pocket or target. One can point the tip of the cue at that point and rotate the cue using that point as the axis until the cue is now over the center of the CB

This creates a stick line that can be used in conjunction with a line from the center of the OB back to the center of the CB. This point and stick line will be to the side of the center of the OB except on a straight in shot.

If one can judge the distance from that point to the center of the OB, then one can use PJ's diagram for double distance aiming (DD).

Also, if one can see that point as a fractional or proportional offset from the center of the OB or the edge of the OB, whichever is easier to visualize, then one can apply that same fraction or proportion to the CB except on the other side of the center of the CB or CP2CP aiming.

This can be done with the cue as an aid (stick aiming) to establish a line from the CP on the OB to the CP on the CB. Then one only needs to firmly hold the cue on that CP2CP stick line and move the body/stance and cue to the side until the tip of the cue is aimed at the center of the CB, then, place your bridge under the cue on that line and shoot.

This will effect the parallel shift required for CP2CP aiming. Try it out on a 90 degree cut angle that aims the stick line from the edge of the OB to the opposite edge of the CB then shift to the center of the CB and see how close you get.

Of course as always, one needs to compensate for CTE and the different distances between the OB and the CB and....but it will get you close.

This might help?

CP2CP AIMING1.png
Be well.:smile:

Last edited:

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very good info! Those diagrams are well done, as usual.

Have you gotten into Joe Tucker's aiming system at all? It's a CP2CP system, as you demonstrate, with an upgrade. :smile:

Best,
Mike

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
One does not actually have to place the cue on the cp2cp line & then parallel shift to center.

One can, like I have done for decades, just look down the p2p line & just place the cue parallel on the center of the CB.

I thinks that is actually better to obtain a good flow & rhythm of playing than actually making the shift. I sort of trust my subconscious to gauge the parallel rather then attempt to accurately achieve it consciously & physically.

I've actually set the cue for various english applications with no shift or pivot but naturally with a different P2P line to accommodate the englishs.

To each his or her own, I just thought I'd offer this option.

Best 2 ALL.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
One does not actually have to place the cue on the cp2cp line & then parallel shift to center.

One can, like I have done for decades, just look down the p2p line & just place the cue parallel on the center of the CB.

I thinks that is actually better to obtain a good flow & rhythm of playing than actually making the shift. I sort of trust my subconscious to gauge the parallel rather then attempt to accurately achieve it consciously & physically.

I've actually set the cue for various english applications with no shift or pivot but naturally with a different P2P line to accommodate the englishs.

Best 2 ALL.

DID THIS REQUIREMENT BY MR. WILSON EXPIRE OR GET WAIVED?
IT SAYS....LIFETIME BAN!!

Mr. Wilson

AZ Billiards Moderator
11-09-2015, 10:54 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English.....

So here we are.
I'm ofering just this very last opportunity for this to find a happy ending.

Here's the deal. You are not banned ( yet ) and may POST in threads that YOU create in regard to aiming discussions.

YOU may NOT post in anyone else's thread nor reply to anyone's posts in any aiming conversation thread that YOU did not create.

You may start threads and anone that wishes to participate in your conversation may do so.

Any variance from this will result in a permanent ban from AZB.
There won't be any more peace offers.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If one can see that the glass is half full or half empty, then one can approximate filling the glass 1/4 full or 1/3 full by using the empty portion of the glass as an aid.
Good metaphor for ball fractions.

This can also apply to the OB in finding the contact point on its equator. The point closest to you that sends it to the pocket or target.
I think the OB contact point can be visualized even more accurately than ball fractions.

pj
chgo

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
DID THIS REQUIREMENT BY MR. WILSON EXPIRE OR GET WAIVED?
IT SAYS....LIFETIME BAN!!

Mr. Wilson

AZ Billiards Moderator
11-09-2015, 10:54 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English.....

So here we are.
I'm ofering just this very last opportunity for this to find a happy ending.

Here's the deal. You are not banned ( yet ) and may POST in threads that YOU create in regard to aiming discussions.

YOU may NOT post in anyone else's thread nor reply to anyone's posts in any aiming conversation thread that YOU did not create.

You may start threads and anone that wishes to participate in your conversation may do so.

Any variance from this will result in a permanent ban from AZB.
There won't be any more peace offers.

Please see my post in "My Thread". After considerable discussion between Mr. Wilson & myself, I am now free to post where ever I choice.

PM him if you wish to hear it from him.

Best Wishes to ALL.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very good info! Those diagrams are well done, as usual.

Have you gotten into Joe Tucker's aiming system at all? It's a CP2CP system, as you demonstrate, with an upgrade. :smile:

Best,
Mike

Mike,
No I haven't.
It sounds less parsimonious to me... I haven't become proficient in the systems that I have adopted and proffer so I don't need more...for now and I am not getting younger.

Thanks and be well:thumbup:

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Best 2 ALL.

You are fortunate not to have parallax view difficulties that I suffer. I can't trust my perceptions of what I am supposed to be visualizing. So I use the stick as a crutch.

Thanks and be well.:smile:

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good metaphor for ball fractions.

I think the OB contact point can be visualized even more accurately than ball fractions.

pj
chgo

PJ,
I concur and it is more parsimonious than fractional perceptions.
Thanks and be well as well can be in Chicago.:wink:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
You are fortunate not to have parallax view difficulties that I suffer. I can't trust my perceptions of what I am supposed to be visualizing. So I use the stick as a crutch.

Yeah E,

That's why I said to each their own. We're all different no matter how much we are a like.

You Stay Well.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Good diagram Lamas

This is what Mizerak taught me about numbers.

Dead straight is a wash, the number is zero. Look at both outside edges of the cue ball and object ball (4 edges) close them in, visualize a 2 -1/4 inch tunnel from your throat to the pocket and deliver straight.

When you understand the visual it's very easy.
Once you can identify the desired number to the pocket or diamond it is simple.

Numbers 1,2,3,4 on the object ball are equal to 1,2,3,4 on the cue ball, again 0 is dead straight.
A two is a two no matter how you look at it. If the cue ball was clear it would be easier for some to see.
The secret is how to line up a two or three, cutting to the left with 4 o'clock extreme right spin, with punch draw 3 click, again it's not that difficult when you know the visual and of course, can deliver the stroke.

There are a few little tricks which help to see it more easily and a defined track, like running line in to line out aiming, but nothing I would want to get into here. Most could learn this in about 30 minutes.
Whatever you use it's all about the visualization and identifying.
There are a few aim by numbers, this is just one, and very simple if I must say.

I see line in line out tracks easily so that's what I use, its second nature so I never think about it, it's instilled in me through repetitive practice, it's simple and easy and my movements are small.

There is more than one way to skin a cat, to each his own.
Pocketing balls is the easy part.

Best Wishes:SS

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SS,
Numbering the fraction like The Miz is powerful info for those that can visualize them. Memorizing and recalling the results for all conditions is even more powerful.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,
No I haven't.
It sounds less parsimonious to me... I haven't become proficient in the systems that I have adopted and proffer so I don't need more...for now and I am not getting younger.

Thanks and be well:thumbup:

I had to put in some work to learn to use it, but it was quite an eye opener for me as far as applying the CP2CP method of aiming. Think book and its cover.

The CP2CP part is just how you apply the method, not how you learn to aim with it. :smile:

Best,
Mike