Newsheriff............Old School Merry Widow

Newsheriffintwn

Newsheriff Custom Cues
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's a merry widow I just put the linen on today. Sorry the pics aren't the best.
White w/ green spec linen...Brass half joint...MOP notched diamonds and brass dots.

My favorite are the old school designs. I'll be listing it for sale shortly (finishing the shaft).

Let me know what you guys think?

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice

I really like the cues you posted so far and I really I this one, just curious what is the diameter of the butt near the end. Thanks and keep up the nice work.

Newsheriffintwn

Newsheriff Custom Cues
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really like the cues you posted so far and I really I this one, just curious what is the diameter of the butt near the end. Thanks and keep up the nice work.

Thanks, I appreciate it. The butt is 1.239 at the very end of the delrin.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like it. Very clean look. That being said, I'm not fond of the big brown bumper. I would also put a bevel on the end of the buttcap, but that's just me.

Keep up the good work.

Kelly

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like it, including the bumper! I do agree with gutshot that a bevel at the end of the butt cap would be nice though.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do like the bumper.

The sharp angle at the end of the butt cap will probably show some nicks and marks faster than a nice radius there. But aesthetically it sets the cue apart.

Being delrin it's not likely to chip, but it will show wear there earlier because of that angle.

I don't dislike that angle but I know living with it in the real world will require a little more care. But not nearly as much as a bumperless design.

I think the brown bumper goes well with the brass, and it is a bit proud of the butt cap which will help minimize the consequences of that angle at the end of the butt cap.

I don't know if all that was in your thinking for the design, but that is the outcome I see.

To me it looks like you knew what you were doing when you did it and there is reasoning behind the design both structurally and aesthetically.

:smile:

Last edited:

Newsheriffintwn

Newsheriff Custom Cues
Gold Member
Silver Member
I do like the bumper.

The sharp angle at the end of the butt cap will probably show some nicks and marks faster than a nice radius there. But aesthetically it sets the cue apart.

Being delrin it's not likely to chip, but it will show wear there earlier because of that angle.

I don't dislike that angle but I know living with it in the real world will require a little more care. But not nearly as much as a bumperless design.

I think the brown bumper goes well with the brass, and it is a bit proud of the butt cap which will help minimize the consequences of that angle at the end of the butt cap.

I don't know if all that was in your thinking for the design, but that is the outcome I see.

To me it looks like you knew what you were doing when you did it and there is reasoning behind the design both structurally and aesthetically.

:smile:

Doc

I agree the bumper cannot be too deep, it may look a little better aesthetically but provides much less protection.

To me the most time consuming part of the build is the time spent on the design and how all the components will come together structurally and aesthetically.

Thanks for taking time to comment.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doc

I agree the bumper cannot be too deep, it may look a little better aesthetically but provides much less protection.

To me the most time consuming part of the build is the time spent on the design and how all the components will come together structurally and aesthetically.

Thanks for taking time to comment.

Like the guy who designed a clock in his mind in prison. When he got out he built it, and it ran perfectly.

I like the way you think.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bumper contrasts nicely on this cue, although my first gut reaction was black to go with the ebony. Nice work! I love BEM forearm cues.

I have a Mali with a similar buttcap style. It seems to have held up will without beveling or rounding on the edge, although that is common practice.

pickngrin

I think the brown bumper is okay, black would look classier, but in any case it should be much shorter. Also, you should provide two shafts. I was going to suggest a logo, but I saw that you have one on the forearm. Another logo on the buttcap would be nice.

Last edited:

Newsheriffintwn

Newsheriff Custom Cues
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the brown bumper is okay, black would look classier, but in any case it should be much shorter. Also, you should provide two shafts. How about a logo? The sheriff's badge would make a great one.

All good points....I already use the badge, this one is located just under the joint (didn't want to clutter the butt up) it's in gold.

Maybe the black...decisions..decisions...lol Thanks

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A bumper is easily changed. The easiest thing on a cue to change.

If somebody wants to buy one of your cues they can easily select their bumper at the time of purchase or change it themselves.