95 days without play pool.. and still counting

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
I am on a self imposed sabatical from pocket billiards.

No pool until I've finished my House hunting and move from old place into NEW place.

My plan is to purchase my new house by the end of this month. I found out last night that TODAY is when all the documents have been signed and delivered and we CLOSE today.

Next is the 3 weeks I have to work on getting the new house fixed up. It a forclosure and I had to get it as is, but it is worth it. I got it for well below market value.

It will take me about 2 weeks to get all the little things done, paint, carpet, drapes/blinds. The 3rd week is the move.

That puts me into the middle of Oct. And here is the good news, my retirement starts then.

I plan on spending quite a bit of time making up for being out of the pool room for 120+ days. Do you think I'll remember how to play?

Working too hard to be retired... :grin:

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think once you figure out what brand of chulk you'll be useing,you'll be well on your way.just remember the green runs towards the rack..lol
Personaly I think you've snuck down undercover an played a few.
I hope you enjoy your new home,I have..except for the trimming of my berry bushs have a good weekend.

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am on a self imposed sabatical from pocket billiards.

No pool until I've finished my House hunting and move from old place into NEW place.

My plan is to purchase my new house by the end of this month. I found out last night that TODAY is when all the documents have been signed and delivered and we CLOSE today.

Next is the 3 weeks I have to work on getting the new house fixed up. It a forclosure and I had to get it as is, but it is worth it. I got it for well below market value.

It will take me about 2 weeks to get all the little things done, paint, carpet, drapes/blinds. The 3rd week is the move.

That puts me into the middle of Oct. And here is the good news, my retirement starts then.

I plan on spending quite a bit of time making up for being out of the pool room for 120+ days. Do you think I'll remember how to play?

Working too hard to be retired... :grin:

congrats on the 'new to you home'. always nice to get that different,new roof over your head

... and despite the additional work involved, you probably are sleeping well. resting comfortably in your new surroundings, may jump your game up a notch or even two.

congrats again sir

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. I am suppose to get my first retirement check next month. Wooohooo.

Now I become a house husband, for at least 3 months and then back to some part time consulting.

I plan on getting a monthly membership and play at least 4 hours a day and start competing with those 70 year olds on the montly one pocket events and also some 10 ball events.

As long as I am home to make supper for the other half. LOL

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. I am suppose to get my first retirement check next month. Wooohooo.

Now I become a house husband, for at least 3 months and then back to some part time consulting.

I plan on getting a monthly membership and play at least 4 hours a day and start competing with those 70 year olds on the montly one pocket events and also some 10 ball events.

As long as I am home to make supper for the other half. LOL
next thing ya know, you'll be building cues
shit happens :thumbup:

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I don't know what will happen for you, but I basically have gone into hiding from pool for the last 1.5 years. However a few months ago I went to a pool hall during lunch to play and I was way focused. In fact I practiced better than I ever have, and I shot better than I ever have. Many say the breaks do you some good, but I guess everyone is different and will have different results.

I am getting closer to having my den done, and then I will go back to practicing every day of the week again.

You should remember it all, and you will be hungry to play!

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Tom,

Congrats on retirement!

Man, the years flew by. Sounds like you have some good stuff going on. I was hoping you would show up at the US Open this year, but it sounds like you have your plate full.

Eric