Temperature For Cue Storage

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
What is the ideal temp for storing cues? What would be considered too cold, too hot?

I store my cues in hard tube cases, near vertical as practical, with the case tops unzipped/unlatched/uncapped in an unheated spare room. The room is on an upper floor, so there is some heat transfer, but not much. I would say between 50° - 60°F. Humidity, or lack of, has never been an issue in this room.

Thank you.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I once watched a video by cue maker John Madden. He advised that if you are comfortable, so is your cue.

That said, I doubt anything bad will happen to a cue in the conditions you described.

Car trunk conditions? Freezing cold to way too hot? Bad for cues.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I once watched a video by cue maker John Madden. He advised that if you are comfortable, so is your cue.

That said, I doubt anything bad will happen to a cue in the conditions you described.

Good to know, thanks.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not my experience. For most of the past 50 years, I have left my cues in crazy conditions from -30F to 150F, with no damage to any of them. These were high end cues like Balabushka, Szamboti and Ginacue, customs like Joss West, and production cues like McDermott, Huebler and Meucci. No warping, no raised inlays, no cracked ivory, etc. Maybe I'm just lucky!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com