Fellini Question

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all,
Ran across this seller that has a couple cases for sell.
My question is, did Fellini ever do his tags this way? All the examples I have seen, either has the zigzag stitch or the stitches on the sides, but always visible. Seems a little fishy, I could very well be wrong, that's why I decided to ask the experts.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Fellini-Black-Ostrich-Cue-Case-Rarely-Used-/282867985631

As always thanks for the input.
IMG_5586.jpg

JCM

Last edited:

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
I am not positive, but I think the last ones the tags were glued on.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Hello all,
Ran across this seller that has a couple cases for sell.
My question is, did Fellini ever do his tags this way? All the examples I have seen, either has the zigzag stitch or the stitches on the sides, but always visible. Seems a little fishy, I could very well be wrong, that's why I decided to ask the experts.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Fellini-Black-Ostrich-Cue-Case-Rarely-Used-/282867985631

As always thanks for the input.

JCM

Link not good............

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't see the case you are asking about but there was an attempt to bring the Fellini case back. They had iron on (glued) labels and low quality coverings. They were still genuine Fellini cases though.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I thought the difference was in the stitching the later tags were stitched differently.
Never seen a tag glued on but that doesn't mean it's not a Fellini case.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. For sure, there were/are genuine Fellini cases with glued in labels.

AFAIK, these are later cases.

Just as an FYI when a Fellini is missing the label, it was probably glued on. I found one in the bottom of a case once using a bore scope.

So if you have what you believe is a Fellini but no tag...check inside the bottom of the case.

EDIT- The listing got removed. That sucks. nI was watching that auction too. I hate it when people don't let an auction run. One of you made him an offer maybe? Never mind. Your link seems bad, but the listing is still in my watch list. Not sure what's going on.

Last edited:

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. For sure, there were/are genuine Fellini cases with glued in labels.

AFAIK, these are later cases.

Just as an FYI when a Fellini is missing the label, it was probably glued on. I found one in the bottom of a case once using a bore scope.

So if you have what you believe is a Fellini but no tag...check inside the bottom of the case.

EDIT- The listing got removed. That sucks. nI was watching that auction too. I hate it when people don't let an auction run. One of you made him an offer maybe? Never mind. Your link seems bad, but the listing is still in my watch list. Not sure what's going on.

Thanks for the info!
It is still showing for me too, weird.
Now it is saying he isn't taking bids for some reason. Oh well.

Last edited:

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Fellini revival was a collaboration between Bob Hemphill and Roy Malott. Didn't last long and few were produced. It was the end of the line for the resurrected Fellini brand.