El Jefe Reports on UMB

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
I met Jean-Claude Dupont [President of THE UMB] a few years ago while in Spain with Juan Medina while Juan was representing the USA at the World's Junior Championship. Jean-Claude is a pleasant, intelligent man, humble also and we have been carrying on an e mail relationship since then.

He has recently informed me that the will a WORLD BILLIARD CONGRESS in Madrid, Spain the last weekend in October [Thu-Sat, 28-30th]. Every one is welcome for the first two days, in fact they are setting up a website so conversation can occur before this event and the first two days will be given over to working groups with anybody eligible to participate. Saturday is reserved for the EL JEFE's to talk amongst themselves. Whether I can afford it or not I am going and invite to come along for the party. If you do this it will have to be out of pocket, no USBA funds involved, but I guarantee you it will be the time of your billiard life. Call me for details.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good news DENNIS.

Are we affiliated with the UMB?

If not should we be?

I would love to see a closer relationship with our European friends.

It would only help grow our sport in the U.S.

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
Good news DENNIS.

Are we affiliated with the UMB?

If not should we be?

I would love to see a closer relationship with our European friends.

It would only help grow our sport in the U.S.

We are affiliated with the UMB thru our membership in the CPB

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
is Min Jae Pak Sang Lee's younger cousin? The table mechanic with the 1.0 average?

Don't know about the cousin stuff. Don't think he is a table mechanic [noe of whom play 1.0] but Min Jae does play 1.0. He manages Carom Cafe Billiards in Flushing NY for Micheal Kang

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
In Soo Park is the table mechanic you must be thinking of.

Mark

I think you are right In Soo is [was] Sang Lee's cousin.....but he is NOT a 1.000 player.....we have played at least three times and he never had a chance:thumbup:

How's tricks....hope all is well