The Wrist Only Stroke??

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Over the years I have witnessed a number of unorthodox techniques in pool. Many of them are quite effective even if they are painful to watch. The other day I was playing some 14.1 and a friend of mine was telling me all about his trip to the BCA nationals.

He told me a guy was there who finished really high who was running racks with using his wrist only. His forearm was not included in his stroking motion. Has anyone else seen this done?

To me this could be effective because the lever motion would be much shorter thus reducing the chance of a crooked stroke.

What say you AZ?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I shoot very many shots with just a wrist motion but I could not see getting some of the position sometimes required with just a wrist stroke.

I also shoot some shots with no wrist motion.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
.it is the "hidden catalyst"

Over the years I have witnessed a number of unorthodox techniques in pool. Many of them are quite effective even if they are painful to watch. The other day I was playing some 14.1 and a friend of mine was telling me all about his trip to the BCA nationals.

He told me a guy was there who finished really high who was running racks with using his wrist only. His forearm was not included in his stroking motion. Has anyone else seen this done?

To me this could be effective because the lever motion would be much shorter thus reducing the chance of a crooked stroke.

What say you AZ?

The wrist is VERY important in the stroke, I started a thread about this very topic last year and caused all kinds of controversy........it is the "hidden catalyst". :thumbup:

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I missing something? I probably am, I'm pretty tired.

Only his wrist moved? No shoulder or elbow movement?

How strong were this guys wrists? I'd struggle to get the CB the length of the table and back into centre table, even if the table was made of ice. I'd love to see this guy play!