Most ridiculous table question, ever!

Wright Shot

Sugartree Madness
Silver Member
The felt on my old valley in my shop is like flannel. Its really slow. Im thinking of sneaking the old ladies iron out there and giving it a good press. Any chance in hell this will help speed up the roll?? I know one of you crazies has tried this. If you want to remain anonymous so that the forum doesn't think you're dumb like me, then feel free to pm me.lol

Chris

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The British usually play on much thicker cloth.....with directional nap.
Ironing is a common practice in the UK.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Actually used to help the room owner starch and iron his cloth before tournaments if he hadn't had the cloth replaced in awhile... It was simonis circa early 1990s... Did speed up the cloth for the weekend... On a home table it might last a month.. who knows will depend on how much you play and how humid it is the room with the table....

Chris

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
The felt on my old valley in my shop is like flannel. Its really slow. Im thinking of sneaking the old ladies iron out there and giving it a good press. Any chance in hell this will help speed up the roll?? I know one of you crazies has tried this. If you want to remain anonymous so that the forum doesn't think you're dumb like me, then feel free to pm me.lol

Chris

The warning is that the chalk in the cloth might stick to the iron or you might be too hot on the cloth.

But ironing is common on Billiards cloth. If the cloth has nylon, don't put it on the cotton setting.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny story:
Many many moons ago I was helping someone re-set up a somewhat new table that had been taken down shortly after it was purchased. The cloth had been removed in like-new condition and was stored away safely, so, not knowing any better at the time, we decided to re-use it. But it was very dusty and musty and had some serious creases in it.

Solution? We took it to a dry cleaner and had it cleaned and pressed.
Mr and Mrs Asian that owned the dry cleaning store looked at us like we were purple aliens, but they were happy to take our money and try it.

It appeared to work fine, strangely enough.

Wright Shot

Sugartree Madness
Silver Member
Wow didn't expect to actually be on to something. It just seemed like a good idea. Thanks guys for all the useful info.

Chris

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited: