This Is My Way Of Playing Pool

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practicing long shots and shots you're not good at ARE drills!

Not in the sense that drills are discussed today. At least they were never referred to as such at that time. I never had a book of drills or a list, just whatever was necessary. I never even heard the word for years and years, probably 30, at least.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practicing long shots and shots you're not good at ARE drills!

I guess I should clarify a bit, I never set up one shot over and over and over again, which is what I consider a "drill". Long shots, I'd set one up and shoot it and set up another, different long shot. Trouble shots I'd shoot one and set up the same shot only a bit different but the same IDEA. I did shoot a lot of spot shots, so important in 9 ball, One Pocket, Straight Pool..

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a big fan of reading - so I have books by the likes of Robert Byrne and others that help with all aspects of my game. I watch a lot of YouTube too.

For practice (I have a 7' table at home) I start by shooting a couple of racks to warm up. Then it's drills and then problem shots.

Then I stay active playing others in league and local tournaments. I like playing people that are better than me.

It's a hobby - as long as it's fun I'll keep doing it.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I never meant that my way was for everyone. "Different strokes for different folks". Johnnyt

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a big fan of reading - so I have books by the likes of Robert Byrne and others that help with all aspects of my game. I watch a lot of YouTube too.

For practice (I have a 7' table at home) I start by shooting a couple of racks to warm up. Then it's drills and then problem shots.

Then I stay active playing others in league and local tournaments. I like playing people that are better than me.

It's a hobby - as long as it's fun I'll keep doing it.

That last sentence is gold. Above all else, have fun.

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practice making shots you miss or have poor % with. t

YES.

Been telling my friends this for years. When you miss a shot, remember it, and set it up until you literally cannot miss it anymore without trying.