Magic Rack Problems

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have just purchased a new 2x3 sterling wave case (it's awesome btw) but although the pockets are large enough to hold all manner of stuff, it's completely ruined my magic racks as they are now bent & unusable I am going to buy new ones but has anyone got advice on how to store them in my case without this happening time after time in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
I have just purchased a new 2x3 sterling wave case (it's awesome btw) but although the pockets are large enough to hold all manner of stuff, it's completely ruined my magic racks as they are now bent & unusable I am going to buy new ones but has anyone got advice on how to store them in my case without this happening time after time in the future?

I place them in a zip lock bag clipped outside of my case.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no way to put them in a cue case pocket without bending them. You must store them flat.

Put them in a plastic document folder (Walgreens & CVS has them). Then clip it to your case.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
With my Accu-Rack templates I don't always use the tube they came in... If I am trying to eliminate the number of items I am carrying I will sometimes wrap them around my break cue as it goes in bumper end down... When I pull the cue out the rack templates come out unharmed... Not sure why this wouldn't work with the Magic Rack aside from maybe the plastic has more memory than our polyester.....

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Never had that problem before... I just roll them up around my jump cue butt and put them in the jump cue pocket. As long as they don't get folded they lay flat when I take them out.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I roll mine up between 2 sheets of paper. This method makes it much easier to roll. Then, i slide the roll into a bath vanity PVC 1 1/4" down tube extension pipe. This PVC tube fits in my Predator 4x8 soft case in one of the cue but sleeves.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Search is your friend on AZ. I recall someone suggested using the empty tube from a roll of paper towels.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4455090&postcount=19

photo.jpg

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I am pretty sure they work when curly or even bent a little.
But it just drives me nuts to see them like that. It's psychological mostly.

So, I gave up trying to cram them into some pocket or roll them in/around things.
I just carry them in the original plastic baggie + cardboard backer they came in.

The other trick I use is to forget or lose them within a month of purchase.
This allows me to reliably avoid the problem.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Hi, the case did not ruin your magic rack, storing it in a spot where it can be bent ruined it.

Get a tube from the hardware store, 1.25" pvc cut to fit the length of the rack. Sand the edges a little so it's smooth. when you are done playing roll the rack up and put it in the tube. Now it's secure from everything and will fit in the pocket.

Personally I used to just roll mine up and then put it over one of the butts at the top of the case. That works as well.

Mike Rys

Blind Owl
I trim a Manilla file folder to fit into the plastic zip lock bag that the MBR came in. I place the 8 and 9/10 MBRs into the file folder and into the zip lock bag. I roll this around my cue stick extension and use reusable non-adhesive tape (only sticks to itself) to secure each ends and store it in my cue case pouch. The Manilla file folder sandwiches the MBRs and allows them to be rolled up uniformly without kinking.

I liked the PVC pipe idea, It wouldn't fit into my pouch without deleting something.

I noticed that the orientation of the 8 ball rack is critical. The triangle corner with a clear circle immediately below the triangular cutout must be placed on the spot or you will not be able to get all of the balls to touch. For reference, I have the black, film rack with CSI logos.

My MBR does NOT have any protective film.

For 9 ball, I place the CB 1 diamond from the center table along the head string. I break at 60% speed and make the wing ball on the cue ball side into the center of the corner pocket EVERY time! The main focus is playing position on the 1 ball. The fact that the 9 ball does not move at all validates that the rack was perfect (no gaps). The final ball positions are surprisingly predictable.

Regards

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I carry my own pool balls when I go to the pool halls.
My Brunswick Centennials are carried in a Aramith case.
I carry my Magic Rack in a manila envelope that slides into case's zipper pouch & thus, it always lays flat.

Matt B.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Mine fits perfectly inside a travelling clipboard

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk