Are the NEW CARBON FIBRE JUMP CUES SUPERIOR ????

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was watching Gorst the great- jumping-looks really easy on tough jump and jump bank shots with a C F JUMP CUE
ANY EXPERIENCE????
THANKS

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideal cue for hopping should be STIFF. Carbon-fiber should be ideal material for both jumping and breaking. Tough to make a wood shaft that stiff without it being really heavy.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I would say that the difference between a good/great jump cue with a wooden shaft and a good/great jump cue with a carbon shaft is very small. I do give the edge to a carbon shaft but don't think the price difference justifies the performance difference. A good jumper with wood shaft can be had around $200 where a carbon one is around $500.

I kinda feel the same about break cues....

Playing cues are different since a really good wood shaft isn't that much less then one of the good carbon shafts and generally the price of the whole cue doesn't change that much. A nice Mezz cue with a HP2 might be $800 and with Ignite $1000. With playing cues I do still prefer wood shafts personally so that makes the choice a lot easier.

Regards, Dave

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Ideal cue for hopping should be STIFF. Carbon-fiber should be ideal material for both jumping and breaking. Tough to make a wood shaft that stiff without it being really heavy.
The other essential ingredient is lightness - I'm guessing CF has the edge there too (assuming it's a thin-walled hollow tube).

pj <- maybe a CF tip too...
chgo

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
The other essential ingredient is lightness - I'm guessing CF has the edge there too (assuming it's a thin-walled hollow tube).

pj <- maybe a CF tip too...
chgo

I'd like to test one out. The Cuetec Propel caught my eye, but at $409 I'm not biting unless I can test it.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
They also have metal ferrules 1'', having one made as we speak....Metal DEFINITELY helps it jump.

Yrs ago, played a guy in a bar tournament. He took a leg off a metal chair, left the rubber foot on it for his jumper, it was JOKINGLY too good.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This is the first I've heard of GO. Looks like good stuff. Cuetech is stepping up, no longer the cue of bangers. I also want to try the new Cynergy.

So many cue makers jumping in with CF shafts and products, it's a technical renaissance in cue making. I personally love it, but want to try a lot of different products to see who has it right. Word of mouth helps. Becue also has a jumper and break cue now. I really like my Becue but tough to test drive these things. Maybe it's time to go to a show.

Last edited:

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Becue's jump cue is very odd.

Becue's jump cue is very odd.

It's three pieces but to go to a legal two piece configuration (40 inches min) from when it is in three piece configuration, you can't just take off the very bottom piece. If you do that, you have a 36 or 37 inch configuration. You have to take off both butt pieces, separate them from each other, and attach the very bottom piece to the shaft.

Very weird...