2009-2010 Jacoby Tour season opener

Rock City

Registered
I know, the 2008-2009 season just ended but we’re right back at it. No, we’re not skipping a beat! This weekend, we’ll be at Shooters Sports Bar & Billiards in Greensboro, NC, welcoming players from all over to compete for up to $4200 cash in the Main Event ($1000 guaranteed for first place and $1000 guaranteed added).

Shooters, located at 3808-A High Point Rd. (phone 336-852-1448), hosted the 2007-2008 season opener in which Sparky Ferrell took first place in a record-setting field for the Jacoby Tour. We’re hoping to set some more records this weekend, so come on out and don’t be scared, even if it is Halloween!

We’ll be starting things off with an Early Bird Tournament on Friday night at 7pm. Register for the Main Event by 12:30pm on Saturday. Races to 7 on both sides, $65 entry fee plus registration. The Junior Tournament and Ladies’ Tournament will begin on Saturday at 11:00am. Finally, we’ll have the Second Chance Tournament at 3pm on Sunday.

All four mini tournaments (Early Bird Tournament, Junior Tournament, Ladies’ Tournament and Second Chance Tournament) will be races to 5 on both sides, one race to 7 in final, $20 entry fee plus registration. Anyone can play in the mini tournaments. However, juniors must not have their 20th birthday in 2010 and, of course, only ladies in the Ladies’ Tournament.

All tournaments (Main Event, as well as mini tournaments) on the Jacoby Tour will be double elimination (modified), rack your own, winner breaks.

You can save up to $450 in registration fees by purchasing a 2009-2010 tour card for only $50. Registration fees are $5 for mini tournaments and $15 for the Main Event. With 15 events on the 2009-2010 schedule, you can really save with a tour card.

We’ll have a Break Contest around 1:00 on Saturday. $10 entry and anyone can play. Around 4:00, we’ll do a Break-and-Run that I’ll start at $50 per ball. Only players in the Main Event can buy tickets, but anyone can ‘back’ a player.

Take I-40 (Business) into Greensboro and take Exit 217, “High Point Rd./Koury Blvd.”, and turn south towards High Point. Go one mile and the pool room will be on your right, just after the Cook Out drive thru.

Player of the Year will again receive free entry into the U. S. Open 9-Ball Championships. Congratulations to Chris Vollmar, 2008-2009 Jacoby Carolina Tour Player of the Year. Chris’ hard work and dedication earned him entry into the 2009 Open in which 216 players from around the world competed for the most coveted title in pool. Chris said he played well and had a blast at the Open.

The next event will be at Greentop in Rocky Mount on November 21-22. They just added a couple of Diamond Smart Tables from the U. S. Open to the ones they already have. This is sure to be a good one, so don’t miss it!

I look forward to seeing you this weekend at Shooters! - Doug

Doug Ennis
Rock City Promotions
1444 Jeffreys Rd., Suite 111
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
252-908-0754
promoter@rockcitypromotions.com
www.rockcitypromotions.com

fasteddienc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Classy Run Event!!

Come out and see some of North Carolina's greatest players!! Often on hand are Earl Strickland, Mike Fuller, BJ Ussery, Sam Monday, Keith Bennett....The list goes on and on....Always a well run tournament with great players. Hope to see you Carolina players there!!!!

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
On a sadder note

This tourney will be the last held by Shooters as their last day of business will be Sunday 11/1. Help send out Shooters in style.

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
wow

I sure will miss going in there when I visit NC and playing on that
Diamond with 4" pockets.
On a better note it's good to see more non handicaped open
tournaments posted here .The Jacoby events are great ,well
run and organized .It's just pool the way it should be .I want
to try and help this tournament grow by word of mouth or live
streaming the ones I can make it to.I encourage any player to
go to these events and see how well Doug runs them .If I hit
the lotto I am getting Doug to run a huge tournament for me
he is there for the sport !!:thumbup: If more players would step
up and play in these open events we would see alot more
pro level players emerge ....just my humble opinion.

Last edited:

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Good news Matt, Eric found a buyer. They'll be shut down for 2-3 weeks then they'll reopen.