Dark Matter

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw that Becue is coming out with their version of a break cue called Dark Matter. I just placed my order which I guess will ship out in a couple weeks. Excited to try this compared to the BK Rush. I will provide feedback once received and tested.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really...Hmmm? Not on their site available for ordering. Info on the Cue is there but no place to order (ie can't place in cart>>$$??)

What did they get you for on it >> $$ <<?

thx
R...

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really...Hmmm? Not on their site available for ordering. Info on the Cue is there but no place to order (ie can't place in cart>>$$??)

What did they get you for on it >> $$ <<?

thx
R...

I emailed them and they got back to me right away. It was $500 Euro ($600 US) and they were just about sold out I believe. He said it should ship in about 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw that Becue is coming out with their version of a break cue called Dark Matter.

Is it just me or did they miss an opportunity on the name? Physicists talk about dark matter and dark energy. While the name is a cool idea, it seems to me that for a break cue the better name would be Dark Energy. If you look at the advertising for the cue it talks about the energy transfer it achieves.

I suppose they must have considered that name but I dunno, seems like a no-brainer to me.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw that Becue is coming out with their version of a break cue called Dark Matter. I just placed my order which I guess will ship out in a couple weeks. Excited to try this compared to the BK Rush. I will provide feedback once received and tested.

I have one on the way as well and I'm looking forward to break with it.
Today every company has a break cue but I can't remember a company that approached it like this....

"shorter than a play cue, to provide better control and avoid misalignment of the target line.
Our break has a forward balancing, specially designed to ensure the least amount of energy dispersion, to always have an effective and performing break."

On the break, I choke up on the grip to give a bit of forward weight to the action, including putting my weight forward on the lead foot. But to have a break cue designed for that exact approach (shorter butt with weight distributed forward) is going to be completely new for me.

I'll be including that in a review of the Prime shaft that is also being delivered.

Dark Matter is just out of the testing phase and the first ones ready to ship will be in 10 days.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it just me or did they miss an opportunity on the name? Physicists talk about dark matter and dark energy. While the name is a cool idea, it seems to me that for a break cue the better name would be Dark Energy. If you look at the advertising for the cue it talks about the energy transfer it achieves.

I suppose they must have considered that name but I dunno, seems like a no-brainer to me.

From their site...

"...dark energy in an unknow form of energy which is hypothesized to permeate the space..."

Dark Matter sounds more concrete and substantive, and in the marketing it seems like they are using the dark energy theory even though they are both different. Maybe alluding to dark matter containing energy from the gravitational force it creates, like it does in the halos of galaxies.

(On a side note , I'm not this educated, I just read a cool article on the topic in the National Geographic. http://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/space/dark-matter/ ):grin-square:

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me know if I can be of help. I will be on the road later this month. I will have both Becue Shafts, the Dart Matter break cue and the extension to demo.

Ricky Bryant
USABecueOfficial@gmail.com or you can message me here or on FaceBook

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From their site...

"...dark energy in an unknow form of energy which is hypothesized to permeate the space..."

Dark Matter sounds more concrete and substantive, and in the marketing it seems like they are using the dark energy theory even though they are both different. Maybe alluding to dark matter containing energy from the gravitational force it creates, like it does in the halos of galaxies.

(On a side note , I'm not this educated, I just read a cool article on the topic in the National Geographic. http://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/space/dark-matter/ ):grin-square:

The ad copy almost writes itself: "Smash the rack open like the Hadron super collider with our new Dark Matter cue." Might sell a few to the geeks.

Still think Dark Energy is better... energy, power, that's the kind of thing you want to convey that the cue can transmit. It is kind of cool looking, so I guess I could live with Dark Matter... whatev's.