Costco led light panels

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
These look like they could be a great inexpensive lighting option for a home table. Especially if you already have canned lights set up.

Attachments

• 85138947-8D06-4CD6-B2E4-DB55AEE718C0.jpg
    85138947-8D06-4CD6-B2E4-DB55AEE718C0.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 707
  • 18EEC928-E3A4-494D-B45D-240E813A7D32.jpg
    18EEC928-E3A4-494D-B45D-240E813A7D32.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 687
  • A722F1AE-DAAD-4C95-A86C-664D5E2049A4.jpeg
    A722F1AE-DAAD-4C95-A86C-664D5E2049A4.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 712

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reviews on costco.com show a lot of failures.

I haven't seen the units, but a concern would be that there might be a lot of glare because there are no baffles.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am just not sure that one foot of width is enough- 50 inches of width on a 9 foot table and 12 inches across of light- just not sure - maybe two and two so- 8 foot in length together and two feet in width of lighting . Total of 4 lights would make sense to me.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just buy the 2x4 panel from superbrightleds.com in pairs and you'll be happy

This seems to make so much more sense to me for any 8 or 9 foot table. 4X8 feet of lighting should be just fine. Anyone who ever tried a thin cut shot on the 8 ball near a cushion and a few feet from the pocket from 8 feet away in poor lighting knows what I am talking about.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
This seems to make so much more sense to me for any 8 or 9 foot table. 4X8 feet of lighting should be just fine. Anyone who ever tried a thin cut shot on the 8 ball near a cushion and a few feet from the pocket from 8 feet away in poor lighting knows what I am talking about.

2x8 is plenty.

4x8 is like studio lighting

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the awesome return policy of Costco, you should buy it and try it out. If you don't like it, return it for a refund.

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two local pool halls use single 2'x4' led panels over 9' tables and the lighting is great.

But 4 of those 1'x4' panels in a row would be super good.
i.e. | | | | half a foot inside the table all around (for a 9')

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two local pool halls use single 2'x4' led panels over 9' tables and the lighting is great.

But 4 of those 1'x4' panels in a row would be super good.
i.e. | | | | half a foot inside the table all around (for a 9')
It is possible for lighting to be excessively bright though.

Huge strain on eyes...

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
It is possible for lighting to be excessively bright though.

Huge strain on eyes...
Good point. I ordered two of the surface mount dimmable 2x4 lights with tunable color. That way I can find whatever color and brightness is best for my room.

Now I only need to finish everything else and have the room ready...

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bought something similar at Lowes.
Cheap, they work perfectly.
Bright, no glare, no shadows on Simonis Tournament Blue.

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
I bought only one of these for Barbox and it is plenty of lighting. Also like that has remote did not need to wire in a switch also dimmable and can change the color (5000K, 4000K, 3500K, 3000K)

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I bought only one of these for Barbox and it is plenty of lighting. Also like that has remote did not need to wire in a switch also dimmable and can change the color (5000K, 4000K, 3500K, 3000K)

That's the ones I ordered. I figured 2 would be pretty bright, good thing they are dimmable (y) o_O

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
2x8 is plenty.

4x8 is like studio lighting

What height did you guys end up using for these panels? Above table or above finish floor numbers will do, thanks!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Set yourself up with and 8 foot long dual florescent 4100k bulb light fixture set 3 1/2 feet above the table and call it a day... Do get the plascitc bulb covers that slide over the bulb though just in case you swing your cue up and smack the bulbs...wouldn't be pretty to bust one of those over your table ;)

Attachments

• Pool Light.jpg
    Pool Light.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 94

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
8' High Output, LED 45 watt, 5000k
Put 4 in a light fixture that was homebuilt (not by me) and bypassed the ballast. Incredible light on the 9' Gold Crown.

Hopefully it displays on the compressed image well enough. It'll probably be massive, lol.
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-4kzt4nG7XeFyt.jpg