taps on Ebay.

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HSS taps 5/16-14, 3/8-10, 3/8-11 etc...

I listed taps on ebay under size 3/8-10, 3/8-11, 5/16-14 by last 2 month. most of the taps I think sold to azb buyers & I saw some positive comments from here. thank you.

here I add some new tap's sizes below on store.
3/8-16 tap 8.5" long
3/8-14 tap 4" long
3/8-11 tap 4" long
3/8-10 tap 4" long
3/8-8 import ball thread tap 4" long(see photo below)
5/16-18 tap 4" long
5/16-14 tap 4" long
7/16-14 tap 3.5" long
7/16-20 tap 3" long

Shank diameter is small than bore dia which can deep drill for specific usage.
Free USPS economy express, 8-18 days arriving, normally 10-12 days

my ebay store link below:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/cuefits?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Tks, Perry

Last edited:

rwwsr72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have bought a bunch of taps from him.... Great quality....And very very sharp.... Out standing guy to deal with....

DA\/E

I got a couple and they seem nice quality.

Delivery was fast to Australia. :thumbup:

I just had a search and I can't find any of your listings on e-bay by searching in E-bay-Au, in fact it was difficult to find you at all in the first place. I think I only found you through a link on this forum that someone else posted. Not sure if there is anything you can do when placing the listings to avoid this.

I can see your items however when following your posted links above.

Thanks for making available these items at a great price.

Can you tell me what the external threads are on the Snooker Cue Mini Butt Extension are, and also the external threads on the Snooker Cue Quick release vacuum joint.

Cheers - Dave.

Last edited:

RBC

Deceased
I listed taps on ebay under size 3/8-10, 3/8-11, 5/16-14 by last 2 month. most of the taps I think sold to azb buyers & I saw some positive comments from here. thank you, guys.

here I add some tap's sizes below, they are under review, will show on ebay very soon.
3/8-16x8.5" long
3/8-14
3/8-11
3/8-10
3/8-8 ball thread (link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181757003549?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)
5/16-18
5/16-14
7/16-14

my store link: http://www.ebay.com/sch/yometal15/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Perry

Perry

I'm curious about the 3/8-8 Ball thread tap you listed above.

I've followed the link, and the tap shown does not appear to be a ball thread (Radial Style), nor does it appear to be 8 TPI. Is this just a picture of a different tap used for the auction?

Also, is this tap correct for the import radial style joint screws? I know the actual Radial pin is not 8 TPI, but I believe the import copy of it is.

Thanks

Royce

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ball screw?

That "3/8-8" tap almost looks like an Acme thread. I'm curious too.

Robin Snyder

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, Dave

outer thread for snooker big joint is M16x2.0 & M12x1.75
outer thread for mini butt joint is M12x1.5 & M9x1.25.

for those taps, I listed on ebay.com only, but not on ebay.au.

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks, Rob. for the expaination. It's ACME tap and not exactly same as radial tap.

Last edited:

RBC

Deceased
It's a acme 3/8-8 NPT TPI.

Rob.M

Sorry, but an acme thread and a ball thread are two completely different animals.

As well as Acme and National Pipe Thread. They aren't the same either.

It can't be an acme thread and NPT at the same time.

So, can we see an actual 3/8-8 ball thread tap?

Royce

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Sorry, but an acme thread and a ball thread are two completely different animals.

As well as Acme and National Pipe Thread. They aren't the same either.

It can't be an acme thread and NPT at the same time.

So, can we see an actual 3/8-8 ball thread tap?

Royce

-
American national standard acme.

Sorry sir, I was thinking of NPT rather than American national standard.
Thanks for correcting that.

Rob.M

RBC

Deceased
Just as a clarification, when people talk about a "ball" thread, they're referring to the thread profile. This is a custom designed thread profile that was first used on the "Radial" pin made by the UniLoc company. It's not any kind of standard profile.

To my knowledge, there are 2 ball thread or radial style joint pins. The first is the actual "Radial" pin that is available through Atlas billiard supplies. It's most commonly used by individual or custom cue makers. The second is what I call the "Import Radial". It's a knock off of the actual Radial and is mostly used on Asian import cues.

The thread pitch on the actual Radial pin is around 7.6 TPI, and the import is 8 TPI.

They are not interchangeable.

Trying to make a tap for this without having an actual Radial or Radial style pin will most likely not be successful. Not only is the actual profile very critical, but also the diameter must be accurately controlled to have the proper fit.

Royce

DA\/E

Hi, Dave

outer thread for snooker big joint is M16x2.0 & M12x1.75
outer thread for mini butt joint is M12x1.5 & M9x1.25.

for those taps, I listed on ebay.com only, but not on ebay.au.

Hi again,

Thanks for the thread info. :thumbup:

Regarding your listings, I am aware you do not list on e-bay.au as such, but when I do a search for an item such as a 5/16 14 tap (of which there will be none listed on ebay.com.au) , I would normally get a listing of items that match that description from international vendors, and your listings do not come up in that fashion. Weird.

Cheers - Dave.

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

I'm new vendor on ebay, will check out how to handle as an international seller.

by the way, coz' I sold hundreds snooker brass joint & mini butt joint in wholesale to AU before, the taps run there mostly should be metric tap I guess.

do the cue maker use above taps? if yes, I think I should put a listing on ebay.com.au directly.

Tks, Perry

Last edited:

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have some pin & insert for sale along with the tap on store. check them now!
5/16-14 ss pin & brass insert
3/8-10 pin ( brass & ss )
3/8-11 pin ( brass & ss )

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Tap

I would be interested in a 3/8 x 10 bottom tap

3/8 x 10 not 3/8 x 10 modified.

If you have one please PM me