Brunswick Metro

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've read the other posts discussing the Brunswick Metro. Are there any owners here who have current experience with the table. Is there any slate sag on the sides and ends? Is the hardware up to the task? Could they be used commercially with good results or are they truly home tables? Are your cushions holding up?

Thanks!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've read the other posts discussing the Brunswick Metro. Are there any owners here who have current experience with the table. Is there any slate sag on the sides and ends? Is the hardware up to the task? Could they be used commercially with good results or are they truly home tables? Are your cushions holding up?

Thanks!
Known to have sag issues. Talk to trentfromtoledo. He's worked on a lot of these. Nothing close to a GC or a Diamond.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's good advice. Thanks!

I was hoping for replies from room owners or home table owners who were using them on a daily basis. They seem to have a fairly stout, bolt together main frame, but the outriggers, well I don't know and that's why I'm asking.

I appreciate the lead.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I don’t own one but a friend does and I play on it every once in a while. I really don’t know anything about the construction of tables but for whatever reason I always have trouble on the table, it could be the unflattering wine colored cloth or something else but it has 5” pockets and I run out more often and just feel better on a diamond with 4.5” corners. A GC as well

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I used to play in a room in Nicosia, Cyprus that had Metros...they played fine and he had them there for years. I think they are a big step down from GC, but he seemed to be okay with them. He did all his own mechanic work on them, so maybe he knew how to get more mileage out of them.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks!

I've played on them quite a bit in the Philippines. They are manufactured in China and can be bought for around $1,000 each in Manila. They are not a bad table, superior to most of the local tables built in the Philippines. Many big money games have been played on them over there and I've rarely (if ever) heard the players complain about them. IMO they bank good, roll true and have good pockets. They set them up here mostly with 4.5" corner pockets. I like the wide rails as well. They are primarily made for the commercial market over there. But I do know people (foreigners and Pinoys) who have put one in their home and enjoy playing on it. It's a good choice for the price.

I'm sure they would make a good home table if you can find one in the U.S. I would rate the Metro over almost any other "home style" pool table that I can think of, including Olhausen. I'm sure they would sell new here for a much higher price, especially if they are shipped here from the Beijing plant.

P.S. The famous action room in Makati, Manila called One Side has had Metro's for over ten years now and they still play good. All the top Foreign players from Shane, Skyler and Darren to Morra, Mika, Thorsten and Eberle have gambled in there. Not a bad looking table either!

Last edited: