Stop with the cue pointing!!!!!!!

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think from the strength of his statement that your assumption is not correct.

Why stop at chalk placement then? Maybe he'll clarify, but it'd be kinda silly to think he implied that he'd play outside of the rules, don't you think?

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't bother me. Play for money, you get past all the little stuff like that in a damn hurry!

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
There are places where the WSR need to be more specific, but I'm not sure this is one of them. If you start listing examples, the weasles will say, "well, it never mentions placing Willkie campaign buttons."

True, but after Neil's challenge of me taking up some 7' pool, I certainly learned how incredibly nit-picky bar players can be. If the rule is ambiguous, and I wasn't capable of putting chalk on a tip without painting the walls (as another thread alluded to) then merely the, "cast-off", from a hard break could be considered, "marking the table."

As an aside, I do detest when every little thing has to be spelled out, but I've found sometimes it's a necessity.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Would that include placing chalk near each rail contact point of a multi-rail kick shot?

At one time I developed the habit of leaving my chalk on the rail on my position line for the next shot. I knew it could be considered marking but had never been called on it. I mean I was just leaving the chalk where I would be needing it next.😋
I did get called on it by a pro. He knew what I was doing. So when I did it against him, he just picked the chalk up and handed it to me saying, "you can't do that." I have kept my chalk in my pocket ever since.

As to the title of the thread: I thought it was regarding someone pointing their cue at me. That did happen and I did tell him that he better back way the F up.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I don't mind the cue pointing, but that constant sound of "There it is....there it is.....there it is...."
drives me crazy.

Seriously, I use my cue for many legal advantages at the table. Isn't it part of my arsenal?

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
How about forcing someone to mark the table as his 'handicap'?

I'd bet it wouldn't work to his advantage at all....having to mark it.

Jeff Livingston