FS: Sugartree

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I paid $350 for a SW on 7-1-86 and got it in may of 87, 2 shafts, 6 pts, 60"tulip wood points and butt with macasser ebony forearm, times have changed, when the market gets hott for something, weather its internet based etc. it can stay hott, I remember when I first heard SW's were over $2K I about fell out of my chair, granted they play great my 3rd favorite hitting cue(I have used one for years) but they are just wood, unlike a fancy Ginacue where there is a zillion hours of work in them, like Ernie said your only paying for the work not the materials,. as is the case here its just wood but if supply is short of demand and that's up to the cue builder the market will support such high prices. Szams play so good who cares what they cost? so thats another angle to support high prices, if the market is flooded and quality goes down then yes you'll be stuck a pile of $$$. having said all that i'd bet my $$$ on buying one, the internet is a big market place.

Last edited:

piazza

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my initial buy it now price was at 750usd, but a handful have already matched that. to be fair to everybody, first to offer me something better will get the cue!

looking for a fast deal here..

piazza

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i only checked my mailbox when i woke up in the morning and the mails were all in already. so actually i do not know who made the offer first.

i don't go back on my word but in circumstances like that i guess it'll be good to be fair to all potential buyers.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
piazza said:
correct me if im wrong but apparently it doesnt show any time of arrival for any of the mails.

They are stacked in your inbox in the order they were received.;)

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Sooooo, since "the first one to offer 750" DID NOT get it, whose to say that the first to offer OVER 750 will get it???

Not picking on ya, just demonstrating the problem when there's not a set price.

Oh, wait, in this case, there was a set price of 750, so, um, well, and then several, oh, I see! Since several buyers actually offered what you wanted, it must be worth more.......

And I can only assume that $750.01 is not going to get it??? So now we need to determine the proper bidding increments? :eek:

OK. Good luck with your Auction!!:p

-von

piazza said:
my initial buy it now price was at 750usd, but a handful have already matched that. to be fair to everybody, first to offer me something better will get the cue!

looking for a fast deal here..