Chalks.

FaithHopeLove

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello guys!
I would like to seek your time to just state what chalk you're using and maybe a slight review about it?
I am thinking of that what chalk I should stick to.

Please advise.

Carolina Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried a lot of chalk but always go back to Master. At last year's US Open and on the streams I can't help but notice that the guys with other chalk patches on their sleeves are all using Master at the table.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Master's Green chalk because I've found it the best at a low price. I rarely miscue using it. I have tried Silver Cup, NIR, Triangle, Blue Diamond and Balabushka. The only one that comes close to Master's is the Blue Diamond but at a much higher price. I've not tried Kamui or Predator. Kamui is cost prohibitive and the idea of only chalking every ten or fifteen games does not turn me on. I chalk before every shot which gives me time to decide which shot I'll take and how I'll hit the cue-ball, the speed I want, and should I apply any english. Just a guess, but I think that at least 75% of pool players use Masters. Good luck in your quest for the perfect chalk.

ND Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I played 3 cushion everyday, I became partial to Silver Cup, Just seems smoother to me. applies nicely and stays on better. Maybe just my perception but I felt like it grabbed better than Master, I moved the ball a lot and I noticed I wouldn't miscue as often with Silver Cup.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i really like the predator chalk but it does stick to the cue ball a little. I've tried all of them to include kamui. For the money the predator chalk is the best imho...

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I've always been a Master Chalk blue guy. Silver Cup was always too powdery for me and likewise with the green Master Chalk. I have friends that like the Predator chalk but I haven't tried it.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm using Master blue chalk. Tried the Predator Chalk and don't really like the octagonal shape, also tried Balabushka chalk liked it, it's a bitter softer then Master.
For me the Master is the best chalk for the money.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
41-sv3QXRpL._SY300_.jpg

Limpkinw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was a Master chalk user most of my life and no one could tell me different. I tried Magic Chalk and now I am not using anything else. It spreads nicely and lasts a long time.
If you get a chance use some.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Baked masters blue is my weapon of choice.

Recently got a case of Predator chalk for free so I've been using that for the past 6 weeks ish and haven't wanted to go back to a baked masters cube. The predator isn't better, but its just as good. So it comes down to pricing, and masters wins hands down.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I was a Master chalk user most of my life and no one could tell me different. I tried Magic Chalk and now I am not using anything else. It spreads nicely and lasts a long time.
If you get a chance use some.

Tried it once, and that is all it took. And it's only a buck or two, depending where you buy it from. One cube in my basement has lasted me over a year.....helps that I only chalk once every 20 or 30 shots while doing drills... makes doing drills easier as well without have to chalk after only one or two shots.... I have not stopped using Magic Chalk since, and many folks I know are now using it.......

Last edited:

FaithHopeLove

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow seems like masters is preferred by majority.
Currently I am using triangle blue and I find that it doesn't stick as well as predator. Predator honestly sticks really well. No joke.
However, it is quite messy compared to triangle.

Btw guys!
When it comes to a point whereby your tip is smooth and doesn't take in chalk do you guys tip pik it?
What do you guys do?

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Hello guys!
I would like to seek your time to just state what chalk you're using and maybe a slight review about it?
I am thinking of that what chalk I should stick to.

Please advise.

what tip do you have on your cue?

Scherf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I ever used was Master and thought I would never pay more for a piece of chalk. However, I tend to probably over chalk when I'm playing. So, when i finally tried Blue Diamond i found it to be a bit softer and NO mess. When I would get done playing with Master, my hand looked like a Smurf and my shaft a mess. Never any mess at all with Blue Diamond. That for me is worth the differnce in price.

And yes, I use a pick when tip smooths over.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow seems like masters is preferred by majority.
Currently I am using triangle blue and I find that it doesn't stick as well as predator. Predator honestly sticks really well. No joke.
However, it is quite messy compared to triangle.

Btw guys!
When it comes to a point whereby your tip is smooth and doesn't take in chalk do you guys tip pik it?
What do you guys do?

Most people haven't tried Predator Chalk yet.

Predator messy? How is it messy? You can see it on the cueball but it wipes off.:grin: