Suspend me too.

MarknTorrance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont post very often but i read AZ everyday and have bought, sold and or traded cues with several people who post here. I find it silly that Jimbo has been banned for 3 months. It seems to me that before things started getting removed that Jimbo had the support of the majority of the board. So why has he been banned? It looks like it a personal issue with Mr. Wilson and the few "unamed people" who find him offensive. This is wrong and unfair and i dont want any part of it. I am going to take a 2 week break from reading AZ and then decide if its worth coming back to or not.

MarknTorrance

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
MarknTorrance said:
This is wrong and unfair and i dont want any part of it. I am going to take a 2 week break from reading AZ and then decide if its worth coming back to or not.
MarknTorrance

Please watch out for the RABBITS.
Doug
( you've been warned )

pbat2751

MarknTorrance said:
I dont post very often but i read AZ everyday and have bought, sold and or traded cues with several people who post here. I find it silly that Jimbo has been banned for 3 months. It seems to me that before things started getting removed that Jimbo had the support of the majority of the board. So why has he been banned? It looks like it a personal issue with Mr. Wilson and the few "unamed people" who find him offensive. This is wrong and unfair and i dont want any part of it. I am going to take a 2 week break from reading AZ and then decide if its worth coming back to or not.

MarknTorrance

Tap! Tap! Tap!

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I too thought Jimbo should be left alone...but there is a flaw in our thinking. The forum and it's rules/rulings should always be based on facts. The man offended a few people and generally I would say that is not enough for anyone to get sanctioned over.

What got Jimbo was a breaking of the rules. I didn't see it and thus can't comment. I'll have to take the moderator at his word on this. It's not about how popular Jimbo is. This is a very important point.

Example:
Newbie gets into it with a established poster who say has 2000+ posts and dozens of long term web-friends. Things get heated and the Veteran gets ugly and breaks some rules with regards to conduct. He's already on two fouls and the Mod calls for a public apology.

Should the Vet get a do-over because of his popularity? If he's on two I say no.

Should Mr. Wilson have taunted Jimbo? Ahhhhhhh on this one I'm with Hal. I don't think so. If he had just been put into the penalty box up front for say a week or two this might all have been averted. Instead we have the OK Coral and blood was going to be shed.

On a side note I think Hal made some valid counter-points to the "show me some value challenge".

regards,
Nick "Hoping the Governor will give Jimbo clemency" Beretanos

Oh and incase anyone didn't know what I thought...Free Jimbo.

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
What rules were broken??? The way I read the thread in question, Jimbo's responses weren't any more or less caustic than anyone else. It seems that the mod has a beef with him and took it out on the boards by demanding an apology from Jimbo.
Now I know if I've done nothing wrong I wouldn't apologize for something I didn't do.
It became a pride thing and the mod had to do some sort of ban. 3 months is too long. If he had to save face it should have been 3 days....
Let me say I don't have any dog in the fight, but reading the cue givaway thread and the Cristy Carter thread, it appears that Mr Wilson doesn't like Jimbo. His personal feelings have no bearing on this and he should do the right thing.

Enough is enough....

Free JIMBO

McCue Banger McCue

Last edited:

PKM

OB-1 Kenobi
Silver Member
There are 11 threads on the front page regarding the Jimbo situation. Looks I will be forced into taking a break until it blows over.