Ball Cleaner - Disinfectant

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Working in a lab, I assure you that the idea of disinfectant Is misunderstood. . Once someone breathes, everything within a certain range (the whole table) needs to be disinfected again.

If you feel the consequences of catching the virus are exaggerated ( I have mixed feelings), then play pool , go to bars, etc. However, assume you may catch the virus and things like disinfecting the balls are just a ‘feel good’ measure.

Agree completely. Well said.

I choose to play. I don’t condemn those who don’t.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
No I have not used it on pool balls specifically.. however I have used it on literally everything else.. glass, fine woodwork, a wide variety of plastics, tarnishable metals like brass and silver, all other metal.. natural stone, man-made stone, all types of fabric including silk and satin

how it works is a mix of quats and mostly water is applied and the quats locks onto the lipid layer of a virus or bacteria then almost immediately evaporates literally ripping the contagion apart.. within a few seconds all that's left is water..

That's why it's used in food service you can't even accidentally poison someone with it unless you served them a full glass of it and even then it wouldn't really do much.

Well I wouldn't drink pure quats.. but the water mixture used for sanitizer is practically harmless unless you are a micro organism

Sorry to seem so misinformed but what are 'quats?' And where can you buy Quaternary Ammonia?

Last edited:

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The death toll for Canada during the entire pandemic is 9,029 dating back to Jan.1 st.

The population of the entire country of Canada is less than that of just the state of California. Moreover, Canada encompasses 3.9 million square miles. California encompasses 163,695 square miles. California alone has more people in about 4% of the space of a Canada.

I would hope that Canada would have fewer cases and fewer deaths than the U.S...

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The population of the entire country of Canada is less than that of just the state of California. Moreover, Canada encompasses 3.9 million square miles. California encompasses 163,695 square miles. California alone has more people in about 4% of the space of a Canada.

I would hope that Canada would have fewer cases and fewer deaths than the U.S...

They also have more responsible leadership and have acted in concert to follow directions on how to defeat this virus. Big difference up there! We've had weeks of protests (with hundreds and even thousands congregating together for hours) in the midst of this pandemic, with all the protesters (peaceful or otherwise) spreading the virus wherever they went afterwards. Add to that all the various groups like churches, bars, restaurants, fitness centers, etc. who flatly refused to comply with common sense guidelines, and this is what we have now. Case in point - the Sturgis Rally! In this country it's all about the money and public health be damned. For those who say our individual freedoms are being taken away, I can only say this is justifiable intervention.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Working in a lab, I assure you that the idea of disinfectant Is misunderstood. . Once someone breathes, everything within a certain range (the whole table) needs to be disinfected again.

I absolutely avoid bars,pool tables, etc.

Principal reason is the people. Who decides to play or not? It’s not going to be those who have been most diligent in isolating themselves. It’’s not good enough that ‘most’ of the players have practiced social distancing...did ALL of them?

Another reason is psychological. I’m a disciplined person. I can defer a couple hours of gratification if the consequences are ‘wondering’ if I’m infected every time for the next week When I cough, get a slight sore throat, etc.

If you feel the consequences of catching the virus are exaggerated ( I have mixed feelings), then play pool , go to bars, etc. However, assume you may catch the virus and things like disinfecting the balls are just a ‘feel good’ measure.

Fine input, though you failed to acknowledge that one infected, that person becomes a spreader.

While YOU may be asymptomatic, you do not know what happens to those you spread to.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They also have more responsible leadership and have acted in concert to follow directions on how to defeat this virus. Big difference up there! We've had weeks of protests (with hundreds and even thousands congregating together for hours) in the midst of this pandemic, with all the protesters (peaceful or otherwise) spreading the virus wherever they went afterwards. Add to that all the various groups like churches, bars, restaurants, fitness centers, etc. who flatly refused to comply with common sense guidelines, and this is what we have now. Case in point - the Sturgis Rally! In this country it's all about the money and public health be damned. For those who say our individual freedoms are being taken away, I can only say this is justifiable intervention.

Many of us choose freedom over some version of relative safety.

I understand that those of you who don’t, will never understand that. But then, the businesses that close, the families that are hungry, or even financially ruined because you want them to be “safe”, probably get it...

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Many of us choose freedom over some version of relative safety.

I understand that those of you who don’t, will never understand that. But then, the businesses that close, the families that are hungry, or even financially ruined because you want them to be “safe”, probably get it...

All well and good David, but what would you say to the families of the 160,000+ people who have died, many of them getting the virus from asymptomatic people who chose not to prescribe to any safeguards like masks and social distancing.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All well and good David, but what would you say to the families of the 160,000+ people who have died, many of them getting the virus from asymptomatic people who chose not to prescribe to any safeguards like masks and social distancing.

When they turn the pages of history
When these days have passed long ago
Will they read of us with sadness
For the seeds that we let grow
We turned our gaze
From the castles in the distance
Eyes cast down
On the path of least resistance

Cities full of hatred
Fear and lies
Withered hearts
And cruel, tormented eyes
Scheming demons
Dressed in kingly guise
Beating down the multitude
And scoffing at the wise

The hypocrites are slandering
The sacred halls of truth
Ancient nobles showering
Their bitterness on youth
Can’t we find
The minds that made us strong
Can’t we learn
To feel what’s right and wrong

Cities full of hatred
Fear and lies
Withered hearts
And cruel, tormented eyes
Scheming demons
Dressed in kingly guise
Beating down the multitude
And scoffing at the wise
Can’t we raise our eyes
And make a start
Can’t we find the minds
To lead us closer to the heart.
-N. Peart

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...For those who say our individual freedoms are being taken away, I can only say this is justifiable intervention.

They are gonna shit their pants when if the Fed decides to take control and imposes an actual lockdown, aren't they?

You all remember when you could only get gas on a certain day, based on your vehicle's tag?

Could be a lot like that, but instead of tag/gas it will be birth month/ leaving your residence.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If they were concerned they should have stayed in.

Take responsibility for your own life. Make your own decisions. Accept the consequences either way.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Take responsibility for your own life. Make your own decisions. Accept the consequences either way.

Selfish and dangerous.

There are plenty of folks who HAVE TO go out. And then there's the staff working who might take the 'ronas home...

Snowflake me-me-me attitudes like yours are a large contributor to spread.

But no, you want to play pool. :slap:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

All well and good David, except the "consequences" can affect everyone you come in contact with, including members of your own family.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All well and good David, except the "consequences" can affect everyone you come in contact with, including members of your own family.

Yes, he ignorantly disregards his completely selfish imposition on others.

He actually used the phrase, "Take responsibility". That is irony.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mathematics Always Reveals The Truth......Just Do The Math.

I knew some fool would go for the population comparison with Canada. We can do that with Germany,
Spain, Sweden (you know the country where he wants people to immigrate from), Greenland (the country
he tried to buy), Japan, Vietnam Italy......Heck, include them all as a single population and compare it with
our country. Yes, Canada has 2 million less people than California (39.5 million vs Canada 37.5 million).

But Canada has a leader that actually thinks, believes in science and takes action which is why our nation
with 10x the population as Canada has 18x times more deaths. With all of our riches & medical resources
in contrast with all these other countries, both individually and aggregately, we are actually included with the
worst performing nations.......USA, Turkey, Iran, Mexico, Indonesia and China........the bottom six of the
world’s nations when it comes to handling the Coronavirus. You can allow for a difference in deaths with our ally
nation, Canada, due to population because that makes sense. What doesn’t is not having 10x the number of deaths
as Canada but closer to 20x......do you comprehend the multiplication difference or a statistical comparison...18 times (18x)
as many Americans died versus our northern neighbor. Canada closed its border with the USA first and the EU banned
all travel from the USA long ago. Why? It is because people are dying in USA due to our failure to take charge with a
national plan for comprehensive testing, contact tracing, isolation, social distancing and wearing masks. So we aren’t
welcome elsewhere because of inept national leadership & the blame is undeniable. Nero fiddled whereas he plays golf.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My family and I accept the consequences of everything we do.

I promise, I won’t seek out you and your family to invade your space. All you need to do is avoid mine. Much as you hate to admit it, you can only control you. The difference is that I’m good with that, while you want to impose your choices upon me, while I happily leave you to make your own choices.

Masks, social distancing, and disinfecting every surface within an inch of its life. That’s all it takes, right? So do that. Wear your mask, stay 6 feet or more away from everybody, and don’t forget to wash your hands for God’s sake. You’ll be just fine, and it won’t matter a bit where I have been…

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't really be that naive.

I promise, I won’t seek out you and your family to invade your space. All you need to do is avoid mine. Much as you hate to admit it, you can only control you. The difference is that I’m good with that, while you want to impose your choices upon me, while I happily leave you to make your own choices.

Masks, social distancing, and disinfecting every surface within an inch of its life. That’s all it takes, right? So do that. Wear your mask, stay 6 feet or more away from everybody, and don’t forget to wash your hands for God’s sake. You’ll be just fine, and it won’t matter a bit where I have been…

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
holy shit how is this happening on a ball polisher thread
ffs 1pkt looks just the same now
might be time to sign off soon and for a good here pretty soon

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
holy shit how is this happening on a ball polisher thread
ffs 1pkt looks just the same now
might be time to sign off soon and for a good here pretty soon

it's not just about ball polishing
it's about keeping equipment clean
so people don't get sick
from a dang pandemic..

if pool is a social game, good on us for considering society.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

What about all the other families that are not able to avoid you and your family? I guess that doesn't matter to you.