Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page 5 rails and don't knock the quarter off - how many times did it take you to make it?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
5 rails and don't knock the quarter off - how many times did it take you to make it?
Old
  (#1)
Chili Palmer
Chili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

5 rails and don't knock the quarter off - how many times did it take you to make it? - 07-04-2020, 09:17 AM

Took my GF 6 tries. She's an APA 1 who has played 2 matches and probably less than 100 games in her life.

I tried ten times and couldn't make it (came real close about 3 times).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnkH...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Kickin' Chickin' for his story about this.

LOOK BELOW...

Old
  (#2)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-04-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Palmer View Post
Took my GF 6 tries. She's an APA 1 who has played 2 matches and probably less than 100 games in her life.

I tried ten times and couldn't make it (came real close about 3 times).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnkH...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Kickin' Chickin' for his story about this.
Cue Ball Kelly's version of the shot is to throw the cue ball with his hand, hit the five cushions and then freeze to the object ball on the spot which has a piece of chalk balanced on top. There are people who will bet on 20 throws. I've seen someone who never tried it before freeze it in two throws (small table, slow cloth, Copper Mountain, Colorado, about 1982).

(The chalk actually stabilizes the object ball and a groove pressed into the table a ball from the spot helps with the freezing, but the groove would be unethical if you were betting.)

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#3)
book collector
AzB Silver Member
book collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond repute

07-04-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Cue Ball Kelly's version of the shot is to throw the cue ball with his hand, hit the five cushions and then freeze to the object ball on the spot which has a piece of chalk balanced on top. There are people who will bet on 20 throws. I've seen someone who never tried it before freeze it in two throws (small table, slow cloth, Copper Mountain, Colorado, about 1982).

(The chalk actually stabilizes the object ball and a groove pressed into the table a ball from the spot helps with the freezing, but the groove would be unethical if you were betting.)
What about superglue? Couldn't that "accidentally get on the ball, cloth and chalk" I haven't seen anyone bet more than 2 dollars on a prop bet in 50 years, and I was the sucker , just because I wanted to learn it .

Old
  (#4)
Lawnboy77
AzB Silver Member
Lawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond repute

07-04-2020, 08:31 PM

Kind of an odd 5 rail kick, but I'm game for anything, well almost anything.

Edit: Got it on about the 15th try. I think I would of lost the bet to. LOL A bit challenging trying to change the natural running english on the last two rails, but it actually helps slow it down.

Last edited by Lawnboy77; 07-04-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Old
  (#5)
td873
BCA PCA ABA
td873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

07-04-2020, 08:48 PM

That one is good. Almost as good as 8/9 rails to land on the $100 bill to keep it.

-td

Black + Gilbert J/B
Justis
9' GC I/II [Diamond Specs] [Littman light]
Simonis HR [Tournament blue]
Aramith Pro Cup TV / Cyclop
A falling knife has no handle

Old
  (#6)
Chili Palmer
Chili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond repute

07-07-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post

That chalk definitely makes it easier. I'm going to have to try and throw it now and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnboy77 View Post
Kind of an odd 5 rail kick, but I'm game for anything, well almost anything.

Edit: Got it on about the 15th try. I think I would of lost the bet to. LOL A bit challenging trying to change the natural running english on the last two rails, but it actually helps slow it down.
LOL, at least you didn't get beat by an APA 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by td873 View Post
That one is good. Almost as good as 8/9 rails to land on the $100 bill to keep it.

-td
I haven't tried that since the early 90's. I'll have to give it a go soon.

LOOK BELOW...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: