How Smart do you have to be to be on Jeopardy? (pool related)

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeopardy is actually not as difficult as most people believe it is. Most of the questions are fairly basic, surface level questions for that topic. The problem people have is there are so many possible categories that they don't know about. If you look at when a category that interests you comes up, chances are you do pretty well on it.

The difference is the people on there know too much random, often useless information. There's not much need for 18th century English lit knowledge.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
I guess if they were really smart and didn't know the answer then they wouldn't have buzzed in. I could understand the ladies buzzing in because they were down and took a shot but the guy really should have just not answered.

Exactly! I could see if there wasn't a penalty for getting an answer wrong, but seriously, you buzz in after your opponents both lost 2K and that is the best answer you can come up with? "What is Eleven?"

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
The fact they don't know anything about pool is a reflection of how popular the game is. I would be surprised if you scale that answer worldwide if 1 out of 100,000 could could match the right question for it.

If you asked street bums, or drunks you would be 10 for 10.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Speaking of pointless pool-related (loosely) trivia, here's something you might not know...the earth is smoother than a brand new cue ball.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
The fact they don't know anything about pool is a reflection of how popular the game is. I would be surprised if you scale that answer worldwide if 1 out of 100,000 could could match the right question for it.

If you asked street bums, or drunks you would be 10 for 10.

I think it would be a lot higher than you think. I posted it up on facebook and showed some guys at work and many many people that never ever play pool all knew the answer. My aunt even knew the answer and that is a stretch.

Heck, just look at the question for 10 seconds, you could easily figure it out.

You sink the 8 ball last, doesn't that mean there is a group of balls less than 8, maybe 7 balls. Heck, maybe there is 7 balls after the 8 ball.

Is "Odd Numbers" a Range? Is "Even Numbers" a Range of balls? "Eleven", Seriously, Eleven, how in the world is that even close.

Yeah I know they didn't know the answer, but come on now...