Is that "Mexican" Joe Villapando?

Kerry Impson

Former player
Silver Member
Road player from 'way back....used to travel with Kris Turner, a straight-shootin' gal from my (original) neck of the woods. Haven't heard anything about him (or her) in years! Anybody know how he's hitting 'em nowadays?

(Edited to add: I would really be interested in any info about Kris....last I heard [about 1994?] she'd had a baby and was living in Tuscaloosa, Alabama). :)

Last edited:

Eieio59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kerry Impson said:
Road player from 'way back....used to travel with Kris Turner, a straight-shootin' gal from my (original) neck of the woods. Haven't heard anything about him (or her) in years! Anybody know how he's hitting 'em nowadays?

(Edited to add: I would really be interested in any info about Kris....last I heard [about 1994?] she'd had a baby and was living in Tuscaloosa, Alabama). :)

Kerry! I was wondering about these two also.... we are showing our age now, huh? You were just a kid and, if I remember correctly..... drinking beer FROM A BOTTLE!!!! (brings back memories - at least for me!)

Post if you get any info on Kris.... man, that was a flashback!

Tammie

iapoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw Kris Tonight...Her and joe split up some time back....Ican't remmeber the yr...Kris is doin great in the Quad cities...her youngest son is a real pistol ...she has not played much pool ...she is playin in some valley and ACS league's here ...she play's on my wife's team's
Terry

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kerry Impson said:

Wow, there is a blast from the past. I haven't seen Joe since, it has got to be 20 years ago.
Joe is Cheyenne Pete's brother-in-law. We used to play a lot.
Joe taught Kris to play and she caught on very quickly. Cutie too.

iapoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Iguess I should mention Lil Joe also....He to is livin in the Quad cities...not playin much ,but can still hit's them pretty good...He is givin some lessons locally and to the Benhke family...they are all in the US Open this year...
Terry

Kerry Impson

Former player
Silver Member
Thanks for the info, Terry! So they're both in the Quad Cities? Interesting....How many kids does Kris have now? Would you please tell her Kerry Hartsfield says hello?

Tammie - now that I think of it, I really am surprised you remember that incident!!! I was so NOT a lady back then!!! :rolleyes:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
iapoolguy said:
I saw Kris Tonight...Her and joe split up some time back....Ican't remmeber the yr...Kris is doin great in the Quad cities...her youngest son is a real pistol ...she has not played much pool ...she is playin in some valley and ACS league's here ...she play's on my wife's team's
Terry

Please tell her Jay Helfert says Hi. We are friends from way back when. I'm glad she's doing well.

By the way, Kris was a serious player once upon a time. Probably one of the straightest shooting women in her day. She won a major tourney back in the 80's.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Little" Joe was a real good road man years ago. He must be up there in years now. Aren't we all?

Joe would play and bet high. He was fearless for the money. I always liked his style. Tell him Jay from L.A. says hello.

Eieio59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kerry Impson said:
Thanks for the info, Terry! So they're both in the Quad Cities? Interesting....How many kids does Kris have now? Would you please tell her Kerry Hartsfield says hello?

Tammie - now that I think of it, I really am surprised you remember that incident!!! I was so NOT a lady back then!!! :rolleyes:

Oh, yes.... I remember! Yes, you were scolded very soundly! I remember so much because it was just after my "you play too slow and you don't wear enough makeup" speech and all I can remember thinking was sh**, what is this, a freakin boarding school? Geez, to think I used to let that stuff bother me..... but then again... when they tell you over and over and over that you're a problem, then you start to believe it! But rest assured, no one else there thought any less of you for drinking from a dang bottle!!!

Yes, I remember Joe and Kris running around the country and going to most of the tournaments.... she definitely could play (and BTW, I would love to have her on MY pool team!!!!) and so could Joe. I actually valued Joe's opinions and impromtu lessons a great deal as he was always generous with his thoughts and his time. It truly is glad to see him out playing again.

Side note..... it was Cheyenne Pete's wife that I played in my very first pro tournament.... man was that a longgggg time ago.

Well... gotta get off of this dang thing for a while. It seems that I'm on here more than I'm practicing these days and that doesn't speak well for my game!

Later,
Tammie