I see nothing.......

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
It was stated else where that aiming using fractional method provides known points of aim.

I just pick up a 1 ball and all I see is yellow, white and black. Where’s those so called “know points of aim?”

They are in your mind only, not in the real world.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
It was stated else where that aiming using fractional method provides known points of aim.

I just pick up a 1 ball and all I see is yellow, white and black. Where’s those so called “know points of aim?”

See nothing 🙈.. Hear nothing 🙉.. Speak nothing 🙊

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

I see what you mean.

pj <- wait a minute...
chgo

stockbob55

Registered
There are cue ball and object ball edges and centers.
Between those objective points there are subjective quarters and eights.
They are there you just need to look :)

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Wow. You must have a hard time hitting center cb. Lol

It's really not a difficult task to look at a solid object, any object, and draw a vertical line down the center with your mind. The object will also have well defined outer edges as viewed by our 2D vision. A sphere, as far as our vision is concerned, is a plain circle. If you can't look at circle and pinpoint its center and farthest outer surface points, then you have poor visualization skills, and I wonder how you even determine where center cb is when you get down on the ball.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Shot making requires visualization of something in the mind. There is nothing in the real world to use to line up shots......nothing......it’s all in your head.

You can not take a picture of a shot, pointing out the known points of aim cause they don’t exist.

Everything relies on a person imagination.

Implying otherwise is just wanting to sell something and that’s all. Pure marketing hype.

To play top level, most excellent pool requires hitting balls......a lot of them.

There is no getting around this. Pool excellence requires dedication, determination, skill, and lots of time. It takes work. It takes quality table time.

Again, there is no getting around this and the sooner people realize this, the better.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shot making requires visualization of something in the mind. There is nothing in the real world to use to line up shots......nothing......it’s all in your head.

Exceptions: Cue stick, cue ball, object ball, pocket -- all "real world" objects that can be and are used for lining up shots. Of course, using these objects does involve using your head, your imagination or creativity, so
You are partly correct.

You can not take a picture of a shot, pointing out the known points of aim cause they don’t exist.

Actually, you can. Well, you might not be able to, but many others can certainly do this. It's quite simple. Unless the cb is being jumped onto the ob, aiming involves only two circles, the horizontal circumferences of the cb and the ob. This process is pretty simple to illustrate on paper. And since our eyes can only pick up 2D images, the brain can easily understand the illustrations.

Everything relies on a person imagination.

Implying otherwise is just wanting to sell something and that’s all. Pure marketing hype.

Yes on imagination. Not true on the market hype nonsense.

To play top level, most excellent pool requires hitting balls......a lot of them.

There is no getting around this. Pool excellence requires dedication, determination, skill, and lots of time. It takes work. It takes quality table time.

Again, there is no getting around this and the sooner people realize this, the better.

I agree 100%. Top level play stems from hitting many many balls, being fully dedicated to quality practice and plenty of table time. But for the other 95% of average pool players that are not looking to become professionals, that don't have the time or simply don't want to invest the time, there are ways to improve quickly without hitting a thousand balls a day and living on a table. There is plenty of enjoyment in this game when you're able to run out more consistently, regardless of whether or not you're playing at "top level".